Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Constellation Brands' beer ambitions took a giant leap forward in 2012 when it secured the US rights to Grupo Modelo's brands. Yesterday, it...
The Romanian wine industry is at the start of its own revolution. Families who previously struggled to get their properties back following C...
The biggest deal in the history of the drinks industry has been given the green light, as Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up the US$107.3bn takeo...
Personnel changes and supply chain efficiency moves have fuelled further speculation that Molson Coors is limbering up to buy out SABMiller...
Distill Ventures launched two years ago with a remit to fund new spirits start-ups. Since then, the Diageo-backed incubator has seen funding increase, as well as the first of its projects hit retail shelves. By the end of this year it expects to have committed GBP20m in total investments. just-drinks spoke to one of Distill Ventures' founders, Frank Lampen, at Bar Convent Berlin, about how Diageo paves the way to acquiring start-ups, and why exceptional liquid is only ever a beginning.
The owner of the largest US whiskey brand in the world has bought into Ireland to create a new whiskey brand. Can Brown-Forman make Slane Whiskey as successful as Jack Daniel's? What was the thinking behind the move? just-drinks spoke to Brown-Forman executive VP & chief brands and strategy officer Lawson Whiting at the company's ground-breaking ceremony to find out.
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category.
Constellation Brands is to borrow US$400m to help finance its acquisition of Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover of SABMiller could allow it to try on the role of a Coca-Cola bottler ahead of making a move for the soft drinks company, an analyst has said.
Diageo has declared itself satisfied with its absence from the Irish whiskey segment, admitting that a future Bourbon play would appeal.
It could take more than 18 months for Anheuser-Busch InBev to assume control of SABMiller.
Constellation Brands has moved into craft beer for the first time with the purchase of San Diego craft brewer Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits for US$1bn.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other vagaries.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015