Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
In late-2015, Anheuser-Busch InBev secured the takeover of SABMiller for US$107.3bn. Since then, the brewing giant has lined up several dive...
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakd...
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed pur...
Last month brought troubling news for US craft brewers. Brewers Association figures showed that the category is slowing down, both for domes...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
SABMiller has agreed a number of concessions with South African regulators as it continues to chase approval for its Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) merger.
Quintessential Brands' Irish unit has acquired a 33% stake in a brewery, as it continues to ramp up its presence in the market.
Pernod Ricard is in exclusive talks with Sazerac over the sale of its Paddy Irish whiskey brand.
UK producer Halewood International has bought the Liverpool Gin brand as it continues to add to its portfolio.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is planning to roll out new Monster energy drinks in Europe, ahead of its expected bottler merger in the region.
Kirin Brewery's Australia unit, Lion, is looking to expand Byron Bay Brewing Co's distribution after adding the east coast brewer to its craft beer portfolio.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?
As Anheuser-Busch InBev picks up yet another craft brewer ahead of the festive season, you have to wonder about its seemingly scattergun acquisitions strategy. Did the management team get one of those “Beers of the World” boxes at the office Christmas party?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US