Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
"It was just a lucky punt," says Steve Lofty of the BrewDog shares he bought back in 2011. That was when the Scottish craft brewer raised GB...
Having focused (virtually) on Brazil in his last piece, this month our correspondent Ian Shackleton travels to Asia. Here, the former analys...
The long-accepted truth for Japan's beer market is that domestic consumption is in long-term decline, forcing the country's brewers to look...
The Brazilian beer market may be able to claim Kirin Holdings as a victim in the coming weeks, but the likelihood of Heineken stepping in to...
Yesterday, Gruppo Campari announced an agreement to buy Bulldog Gin. Here, just-drinks talks to brand founder Anshuman Vohra about the transaction.
Sapporo Holdings is one of Japan's biggest alcohol and soft drinks producers and the country's oldest brewer. This month, Andy Morton met with its president, Tsutomu Kamijo, to discuss why he'd like to get his hands on Anheuser-Busch InBev's Pilsner Urquell, the state of play in Vietnam and why even BrewDog's founder gets excited about Sapporo's beer.
Distell has purchased majority control of the Cruz Vodka brand, marking its entry into the white spirits segment.
William Grant & Sons has followed its purchase of the Hudson US craft whiskey brand seven years ago with the acquisition today of Tuthilltown Spirits, the company that produces the liquid.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (CCBCC) has bought a production plant in northern Ohio as it further increases its bottler franchise territory in the US state.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its indirect interest in South Africa's Distell Group.
Soft drinks bottler Refresco Group has shunned a near-US$1.5bn takeover offer from a private-equity firm.
Port producer Symington Family Estates has acquired its first vineyards outside of Portugal's Douro region.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World