Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Earlier this month, SABMiller announced the purchase of UK craft brewer Meantime Brewing Co. Larry Nelson has found the instruction manual....
At the point of purchasing a pint of Doom Bar, I didn’t hesitate to question whether the beer was craft....
The term ‘craft beer’ will disappear, according to Meantime Brewery Co’s CEO, Nick Miller, and SABMiller’s MD of Europe, Sue Clark....
Embedded in Cott Corp's Q1 financial statement last week was the company's admittance that its CSD volumes in the US were down 6% in volumes...
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Bacardi has entered the Bourbon market, following its purchase of Angel's Share Brands and its Louisville Distilling Co subsidiary this week. just-drinks spoke to the company's co-founder and chief innovation officer, Wes Henderson, about future plans, Bourbon consolidation and why some companies may be going too far in flavour innovation.
Nestlé Waters has confirmed that exclusive negotiations with Ardèche-based Société des Sources du Pestrin to sell its subsidiary company, Nestlé Waters Supply Centre (NWSC), which bottles the Quézac mineral water brand from a southern France source, have been called off.
Brown-Forman has completed the purchase of two Louisville properties that will become the new Old Forester Distillery, allowing the company to double production capacity.
Glass packaging company Frigoglass has agreed to sell its glass operations to GZI Mauritius for US$225m.
Suntory Holdings has agreed to pay JPY150bn (US$1.2bn) for Japan Tobacco's (JT) beverage business, including its coffee brand Roots and flavoured water Momono Tennen-sui.
Castel has purchased a 5.66% holding in Belvédère. The transaction has been completed within the framework of an agreement with Morocco-based Diana Holdings, the wine and spirits company's single biggest shareholder.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (CCBCC) has further increased its franchise territory in the US as part of its agreement with The Coca-Cola Co.
Take a look at this, a fascinating infographic detailing the acquisitions - and brands - of the world's biggest brewers.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review