Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
Soft drinks marketers are always scratching their heads trying to establish new refreshment occasions for their drinks to exploit. Sometimes...
The US is widely regarded as one of the most important drinks markets in the world. According to a recent note from analysts at Bernstein, i...
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market....
A spoonful of sugar was long thought to help the medicine go down. These days, the medicine is more of a tough pill to swallow - especially...
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has taken a major step towards securing South African clearance for its takeover of SABMiller.
The Indian Government is weighing up the introduction of a tax on sugar-sweetened beverages, as diabetes and obesity rates in the country increase.
The Indian state of Bihar has abruptly halted all alcohol sales, bringing forward a planned ban by six months, according to reports.
Wineries across the US will soon be allowed to ship wine directly to Arizona consumers after a change to the law.
The head of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said the UK sugar tax on soft drinks is unlikely to proceed in its current form.
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer.
Today is the opening day at Cape Wine 2015 and that means the morning was taken up by welcome speeches.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India