Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on poli...
If you thought global insecurity was at an all-time high last year, then the World Economic Forum (WEF) has some bad news....
The starting gun on the UK General Election campaign has been fired and, once again, alcohol looks set to be a political football....
The announcement late yesterday that Cuba and the US have started on the road to normalised relations will be of particular interest to two...
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
Total UK beer volumes have risen for the first time in nearly a decade, while off-trade sales have overtaken on-trade sales, according to latest figures.
Two US politicians have re-introduced a bill aimed at cutting the amount of federal excise tax that the country's small brewers pay.
Carlsberg is considering a range of options in the UK over its super-strength lager brands Special Brew and Skol Super, including cutting their ABVs, as part of the country's government's Responsibility Deal.
The CEO of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said Diageo's takeover of United Spirits could aid ongoing efforts to end India's import tariffs on spirits.
An Indian state that proposed a complete alcohol ban within ten years is to water down its plans after an industry backlash, according to reports.
Thailand has scrapped a proposal to ban alcohol sales over the New Year and Thai New Year celebrations, according to local reports.
Diageo and Brown-Forman have been at loggerheads the past week over what is best for the Tennessee whiskey category.
From early April, the Government in the UK is implementing a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)