Environmental issues: Latest news and analysis articles
If it's not one thing then it's another. Such is the way of the global drinks market....
A recent report from Greenpeace has condemned the world's largest soft drinks producers for not doing enough to address ocean pollution caus...
Wild fires hit the Chilean - and then global - headlines earlier this month. The subsequent damage to some of the country's vineyards may ha...
The aims and achievements of the drinks sector's giants provide a strong lead to the industry's sustainability drive but progress will also...
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, senior director of Global Water Stewardship at Coca-Cola, spoke with Ben Cooper about what "replenishment" means, and why getting the minutiae of the methodology right is so important.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers.
The Coca-Cola Co has expressed disappointment over a Greenpeace "stunt" that saw a 2.5 tonne sculpture made out of ocean plastic dumped on the doorstep of its UK headquarters.
The world's largest brewer has committed to sourcing 100% of its purchased electricity from renewable sources by 2025.
Nordic wine and spirits firm Altia has bolstered its low-alcohol and organic portfolio in a bid to meet changing consumer needs.
PepsiCo has countered the latest claims that its use of water in Kerala is contributing to a drought in the Indian state.
Fires in Chile have wiped out at least 94 hectares of vineyard, mainly in the Maule Coast region, a new report from Wines of Chile has said.
Chile's wine trade body has said it is still working to assess the full extent of the damage caused by wildfires in the country but confirmed there has been "considerable damage" to old vines.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends