Environmental issues: Latest news and analysis articles
The importance of water in the production of wine has grown in recent years, to such an extent that many wine companies are struggling. Chri...
A fledgling partnership between Jose Cuervo and the Ford Motor Co underlines the potential for the innovative and environmentally positive r...
Late last month, Chris Losh attended the International Cool Climate Wine Symposium, held in Brighton on the south coast of England. Among th...
The world's two largest soft drinks producers, The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo, are among the ten multinational companies included in Oxfam's '...
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, senior director of Global Water Stewardship at Coca-Cola, spoke with Ben Cooper about what "replenishment" means, and why getting the minutiae of the methodology right is so important.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers.
Heineken's majority-owned Indian brewer, United Breweries, has said it is will look to invest in more waste-water recycling programmes after "acute shortages" forced it to decrease beer production.
The impact of drought on wine grape harvests has largely disappeared in France and Switzerland as overall climate change plays a larger role, according to a combined study from NASA and Harvard University.
New Zealand winemaker Peter Yealands has warned that Marlborough could run out of vineyard space in the next few years, kickstarting a move into the region's hard hillside terrain.
Deposit schemes for drinks packaging will not increase reuse or recycling rates, a senior Coca-Cola Enterprises executive has claimed.
Heineken is keeping an eye on Nigeria as currency turmoil makes it harder for the company to get money out of the country.
The Indian unit of Coca-Cola has suspended operations in three of its plants in the country, citing low demand and absence of economic viability.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends