Environmental issues: Latest news and analysis articles
Wild fires hit the Chilean - and then global - headlines earlier this month. The subsequent damage to some of the country's vineyards may ha...
The aims and achievements of the drinks sector's giants provide a strong lead to the industry's sustainability drive but progress will also...
The importance of water in the production of wine has grown in recent years, to such an extent that many wine companies are struggling. Chri...
A fledgling partnership between Jose Cuervo and the Ford Motor Co underlines the potential for the innovative and environmentally positive r...
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, senior director of Global Water Stewardship at Coca-Cola, spoke with Ben Cooper about what "replenishment" means, and why getting the minutiae of the methodology right is so important.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers.
Fires in Chile have wiped out at least 94 hectares of vineyard, mainly in the Maule Coast region, a new report from Wines of Chile has said.
Chile's wine trade body has said it is still working to assess the full extent of the damage caused by wildfires in the country but confirmed there has been "considerable damage" to old vines.
Four wineries in South Africa’s Western Cape have been damaged by fires in the region, with a fifth, in Paarl, being "practically burnt to the ground".
Carlsberg has defended itself against accusations of patent law abuse after securing the rights this year to three new types of barley.
Heineken's majority-owned Indian brewer, United Breweries, has said it is will look to invest in more waste-water recycling programmes after "acute shortages" forced it to decrease beer production.
The impact of drought on wine grape harvests has largely disappeared in France and Switzerland as overall climate change plays a larger role, according to a combined study from NASA and Harvard University.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends