Emerging markets – BRIC: Latest news and analysis articles
That, in just the space of two days, Carlsberg has announced both a pay freeze and the closure of two Russian breweries, speaks volumes abou...
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?...
Remy Cointreau's CFO has said the company won't drop Cognac prices in China as it would damage “not only our image, but our DNA”....
Monster Beverage Corp has identified China as one of its long-term priority markets as it continues to step up efforts to enter the country....
The international spirits segment is undergoing a sea-change in Asia, from Cognac declines in China to Scotch weakness in South Korea. Those effects may be less severe in the Travel Retail channel but, as Pernod Ricard's Asia Travel Retail MD, Con Constandis, tells just-drinks, there is still plenty to keep the sector busy, from protests in Hong Kong to margin-squeezing airport operators. Not to mention lazy journalists...
Dmitry Ivanov was appointed global category director for rums at Bacardi in 2012. Earlier this month, editor Olly Wehring travelled to Puerto Rico to speak to him about the company's flagship white rum brand, where it went wrong in the past and Bacardi's hopes for its broader rum range going forward.
Diageo has reported a slight improvement in its fiscal second quarter, as falling sales in Q1 levelled, but profits in the company's half year struggled.
Reforms to the rules covering foreign ownership of baijiu brands in China could see an influx of overseas investment in the category, according to a new report.
United Spirits remains in the red in its year to date, but losses have slowed after a healthy rise in Q3 profits, thanks to its premium brands.
China is expected to regain top spot as the biggest consumer of red wine over the next five years after anti-extravagance measures saw France take over, new figures have shown.
Global Cognac sales by value fell by 11% last year as the industry continued to feel the impact of government measures in China, according to latest figures.
Anadolu Efes has posted a single-digit rise in full-year volumes, but its beer performance dragged as the group continues to recover from regulatory changes in Turkey and Russia.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research