Beer & cider: Latest news and analysis articles
After spending a week in Cannes earlier this month at TFWA’s annual Travel Retail exhibition, I have come to the conclusion that those predi...
The Great American Beer Festival returned, earlier this month. just-drinks' beer commentator, Stephen Beaumont travelled to Denver to report...
Following completion of its takeover of SABMiller this week, Anheuser-Busch InBev has given notice it will sell SAB's share in African bottl...
Earlier this week, a bullish Constellation Brands CEO told analysts his company was in a "position to attack anything" in M&A, across the wi...
In part two of our interview with Craft Brew Alliance’s CEO, we talk to Andy Thomas about the state of the craft beer market, how CBA fits into it and where the category is headed.
Andy Thomas moved up to the CEO position at Craft Brew Alliance in 2014, following several years in the company's commercial operations. Previously, he spent 12 years at Heineken USA - the last two of which were as unit president. Thomas's experience in big brewing has proved useful at CBA, as the company moves to deepen its ties with major shareholder Anheuser-Busch InBev. In part one of this two-part interview, Thomas provides insight into the latest deal, which gives AB InBev a staggered, qualified offer option to acquire CBA.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said it may appeal to the UK's highest court after Scotland’s justice system delivered a major blow to its efforts against minimum pricing.
The Boston Beer Co has announced an overview of its core brands as the brewer hit its fourth straight quarter of decline.
The managing director of Westons has been appointed the new chairperson of the UK's National Association of Cider Makers (NACM).
Carlsberg is to add a gluten-free Czech lager brand to its UK portfolio.
C&C Group has followed the sale of its English cider bottling facility with the divestment of its cider production operations in the country to Brothers Drinks Co.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions.
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020