Beer & cider: Latest news and analysis articles
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola Amatil issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by just over 1%, with net profits on...
A theory has formed in the beer industry in recent months that the sheer range of brews on offer is leading to consumer fatigue. This month,...
The long-accepted truth for Japan's beer market is that domestic consumption is in long-term decline, forcing the country's brewers to look...
In the notes that followed Heineken's full-year 2016 results yesterday, several analysts use the word 'strong' to illustrate the brewer's pe...
In the second part of our exclusive interview with consumer futurist Will Higham, we continue to look at the younger end of the consumer spectrum, discussing provenance, rebellion and what we should actually call the next generation.
With the job title consumer futurist, Will Higham has made a career out of telling companies what direction their consumers are heading in. Earlier this month, just-drinks met with him to learn how he goes about forecasting the trends of the future. In part one, we look at how Higham makes his predictions, and the ongoing obsession with Millennials.
Heineken has vowed to fight a EUR100m (US$105.6m) compensation claim by a Greek brewer that follows the imposition 14 months ago of a near-EUR32m fine related to alleged infringement practices in the country.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Scottish craft brewer Stewart Brewing has launched Stewart’s Lager, a new 4% abv beer targeted at sessionable drinking occasions.
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the nation-wide launch of US beer brand Bud Light.
The founder of Boston Beer Co has said the company's beers will emerge from a craft beer shakeout among the strongest in the category.
C&C Group's Scottish unit is rolling out new Tennent's Lager bar pumps after they lifted sales by 4% in a trail-run.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends