Latest beverage news & analysis in Western Europe
Six months ago, Accolade Wines fired a broadside at the South African wine industry, warning that if wine makers don't get busy building bra...
On Thursday (28 January), Diageo will report its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its second...
Has it happened? Has China's Cognac market finally bottomed out?...
In a trading update earlier today, SABMiller reported a 5% lift in sales during the nine months to the end of December. The top line also gr...
With just seven weeks left until the start of ProWein, just-drinks sat down with lead organiser Michael Degan to ask what makes the wine and spirits show one of the biggest draws on the alcohol calendar. Along the way, Degan reveals why the show is unlikely to get much bigger, discusses the possibility of adding beer to the mix and why German rock bands know their Riesling from their Spatburgunder.
In the second part of this week's just-drinks interview, William Grant & Sons' chief commercial officer, Simon Hunt, discusses the growing role played by craft spirits, the group's core markets and future targets, and the thinking that allowed The Glenlivet to overtake Glenfiddich as the world's biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky brand.
Speyside Distillers has arranged funding to the tune of GBP2.3m (US$3.3m), to help deal with "increased worldwide demand" for its Scotch whisky portfolio.
South American wine producer Concha y Toro's UK unit has confirmed the renewal of its Sky Movies partnership, after a "record year of sales".
LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, has posted a healthy leap in full-year profits as sales in China rebounded in the second half of last year.
English winemaker Chapel Down has released what it claims is England's first single varietal Albariño.
SABMiller has defended its zero corporation tax bill in the UK, saying running costs for its head office in the country swallow up all profits.
UK soft drinks maker Cawston Press has appointed its first permanent managing director.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020