Latest beverage news & analysis in Western Europe
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. He...
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:...
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market....
A spoonful of sugar was long thought to help the medicine go down. These days, the medicine is more of a tough pill to swallow - especially...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
Scotland, already well-known for the quality of its whisky, is carving out a reputation as a centre of craft beer excellence. According to Nielsen data, craft beer consumers in Scotland drink more per head than almost anywhere else in the UK, and every year an increasing number of new breweries open to accommodate this thirst. Last year, there were 93 breweries in Scotland, the Campaign for Real Ale, says, with 20 of them opening over the past 12 months.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd has confirmed the departure of its chief operating officer, just over a year after his appointment.
William Grant & Sons UK unit has overhauled its Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Gran Reserva single malt whisky packaging as it looks to highlight the brand's finishing process.
Germany’s Henkell & Co has taken full control of UK-based wine supplier and brand owner Copestick Murray.
The Coca-Cola Co has criticised UK plans for a sugar tax, saying reformulation is a better tool for fighting obesity.
Kopparberg is to launch a Summer marketing campaign in the UK for its Fruit Lager radler.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends