Latest beverage news & analysis in Western Europe
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:...
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market....
A spoonful of sugar was long thought to help the medicine go down. These days, the medicine is more of a tough pill to swallow - especially...
It has been 30 years since what Willi Klinger refers to as Austria's darkest hour for wine....
Scotland, already well-known for the quality of its whisky, is carving out a reputation as a centre of craft beer excellence. According to Nielsen data, craft beer consumers in Scotland drink more per head than almost anywhere else in the UK, and every year an increasing number of new breweries open to accommodate this thirst. Last year, there were 93 breweries in Scotland, the Campaign for Real Ale, says, with 20 of them opening over the past 12 months.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
The managing director of English wine maker Chapel Down has warned fellow producers they must be "realistic" over how big the fast-growing sector could become.
UK drinks company Conviviality has agreed to acquire wine firm Bibendum PLB as it continues to grow its presence in the market.
C&C Group has unveiled a packaging overhaul for its Magners cider brand that includes a rip-top closure on 528ml bottles.
UK producer Halewood International has bought the Liverpool Gin brand as it continues to add to its portfolio.
UK drinks supplier Kingsland has created a new wine-based ready-to-drink brand. Mr Gladstone's Curious Emporium comes in two flavours - Pear Drop and Rhubarb & Custard.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US