Vietnam: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken's management team has been in Vietnam this week for the company's annual Financial Markets Conference. CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer called the country the "poster child" for international beer thanks to its strong demographics and growing demand. Here's a snapshot of Heineken's current position in Vietnam and how the market is developing, as outlined by Heineken's Vietnam MD, Leo Evers.
Heineken's CFO has admitted being disappointed at the group's first-quarter performance in one of its key markets, Vietnam, but said the company is still stealing marketshare in the country.
Diageo's decision to partner with Vietnam's local spirits hero, Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co, looks like a shrewd move, even if the financial benefits start at a trickle.
Carlsberg has launched Tuborg in Vietnam as the Danish brewer increasingly targets Asia amid cost-savings in other markets.
Carlsberg's Vietnam unit has added a new canning line to its Hue Brewery, in Hue City, as it looks to grow business in the country.
Vietnam's beer industry is to increase output by a quarter over the next four years, the country's brewer's association has reportedly said.
The European spirits industry has hailed a new EU free-trade deal with Vietnam, saying an agreement to cut a 45% import tariff will encourage further growth.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has officially opened its first Vietnam brewery.
The Vietnamese government is poised to sell off control of Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco), according to local reports.
ThaiBev is looking to buy a stake in Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) as the Vietnamese Government attempts to sell off some state-owned brewer to investors, according to reports.
Nestlé has doubled capacity at its Milo chocolate malt beverage factory in south-east Vietnam after a CHF35m (US$37m) investment.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to open its first brewery in Vietnam in February.
A proposed “bubble tax” on carbonated sodas in Vietnam is unfair as it will fall “almost exclusively” on US soft drink brands, a US trade body has argued.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends