Vietnam: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken's CFO has admitted being disappointed at the group's first-quarter performance in one of its key markets, Vietnam, but said the company is still stealing marketshare in the country.
Diageo's decision to partner with Vietnam's local spirits hero, Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co, looks like a shrewd move, even if the financial benefits start at a trickle.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to open its first brewery in Vietnam in February.
A proposed “bubble tax” on carbonated sodas in Vietnam is unfair as it will fall “almost exclusively” on US soft drink brands, a US trade body has argued.
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) has unveiled a new US$21m brewery in Vietnam's Ninh Thuan region, its 22nd plant in the country, according to local reports.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is planning to build a brewery in Vietnam to capitalise on the country's fast-expanding beer market.
Heineken and SABMiller have declined to comment on reports that they are separately considering taking a stake in state-owned Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) in Vietnam.
The Coca-Cola Co has declined to comment on a report that it is among “several” international drinks firms interested in a JV with Vietnam's Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group.
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up a further US$300m to spend in Vietnam in the next three years.
PepsiCo is to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory, the US soft drinks company announced today (23 October).
Diageo is set to increase its stake in Vietnam's Hanoi Liqour Joint Stock Co to 45.52% after completing a public offer.
Carlsberg has acquired the remaining 50% of Hue Brewery that it did not already own, the Denmark-based brewer has said.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk