Vietnam: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken's CFO has admitted being disappointed at the group's first-quarter performance in one of its key markets, Vietnam, but said the company is still stealing marketshare in the country.
Diageo's decision to partner with Vietnam's local spirits hero, Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co, looks like a shrewd move, even if the financial benefits start at a trickle.
ThaiBev is looking to buy a stake in Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) as the Vietnamese Government attempts to sell off some state-owned brewer to investors, according to reports.
Nestlé has doubled capacity at its Milo chocolate malt beverage factory in south-east Vietnam after a CHF35m (US$37m) investment.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to open its first brewery in Vietnam in February.
A proposed “bubble tax” on carbonated sodas in Vietnam is unfair as it will fall “almost exclusively” on US soft drink brands, a US trade body has argued.
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) has unveiled a new US$21m brewery in Vietnam's Ninh Thuan region, its 22nd plant in the country, according to local reports.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is planning to build a brewery in Vietnam to capitalise on the country's fast-expanding beer market.
Heineken and SABMiller have declined to comment on reports that they are separately considering taking a stake in state-owned Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) in Vietnam.
The Coca-Cola Co has declined to comment on a report that it is among “several” international drinks firms interested in a JV with Vietnam's Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group.
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up a further US$300m to spend in Vietnam in the next three years.
PepsiCo is to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory, the US soft drinks company announced today (23 October).
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future