Vietnam: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken's CFO has admitted being disappointed at the group's first-quarter performance in one of its key markets, Vietnam, but said the company is still stealing marketshare in the country.
Diageo's decision to partner with Vietnam's local spirits hero, Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co, looks like a shrewd move, even if the financial benefits start at a trickle.
ThaiBev is looking to buy a stake in Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) as the Vietnamese Government attempts to sell off some state-owned brewer to investors, according to reports.
Nestlé has doubled capacity at its Milo chocolate malt beverage factory in south-east Vietnam after a CHF35m (US$37m) investment.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to open its first brewery in Vietnam in February.
A proposed “bubble tax” on carbonated sodas in Vietnam is unfair as it will fall “almost exclusively” on US soft drink brands, a US trade body has argued.
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) has unveiled a new US$21m brewery in Vietnam's Ninh Thuan region, its 22nd plant in the country, according to local reports.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is planning to build a brewery in Vietnam to capitalise on the country's fast-expanding beer market.
Heineken and SABMiller have declined to comment on reports that they are separately considering taking a stake in state-owned Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) in Vietnam.
The Coca-Cola Co has declined to comment on a report that it is among “several” international drinks firms interested in a JV with Vietnam's Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group.
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up a further US$300m to spend in Vietnam in the next three years.
PepsiCo is to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory, the US soft drinks company announced today (23 October).
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018