Venezuela: Latest beverage news & analysis
AmBev is attempting to turn around its troubled Venezuela business and gain greater share of the country's important beer market by signing a merger deal with Cerveceria Regional. Here, just-drinks examines the move.
AmBev has said it will maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Cargill has continued the expansion of its stevia-based product Truvia by launching in Venezuela, due to "growing consumer demand".
A price cap implemented by the Venezuelan Government on around 15,000 food, beverage and household products is likely to hit top-line growth at soft drinks firms in the country, Bernstein Research analysts have said.
A strike at Coca-Cola FEMSA's largest soft drinks facility in Venezuela has ended.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has accused trade unions of demanding salaries for workers that would jeopardise its business in Venezuela, as a strike continues at the bottler's major plant in the country.
AmBev is to merge its beer business in Venezuela with the country's second largest brewer, Cerveceria Regional, in order to mount a stronger challenge to market leader Empresas Polar.
Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez has threatened to nationalise Pepsi-Cola bottler Empresas Polar as part of a war against the “bourgeoise”, according to reports.
Pepsi Cola Venezuela has launched a legal appeal after it was fined and ordered by the president of the country to remove a publicity globe in the capital Caracas.
Packaging giant Tetra Pak is seeking talks with controversial Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez after he threatened to ignore patents protecting the group's products.
Venezuela's Government, led by president Hugo Chavez, has called for Coca-Cola Zero to be banned from sale in the country due to unspecified health concerns, according to local reports.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report