United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
The CEO of Brown-Forman has flagged the growth of rival vodka “upstarts” such as Tito's Handmade Vodka as driving a “brutally competitive” vodka category in the US.
On Wednesday, Brown-Forman will report its second-quarter and first-half results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of October:
Last weekend, the Wall Street Journal published a fascinating article that looks at the more recent performance – or lack thereof – of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser brand in the US.
Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head Brewery, is one of the figureheads of the US craft beer scene. The Delaware-based firm's tagline is "Off-centred ales for off-centred people". Here Calagione, also a TV star, explains Dogfish's future plans, his attitude to the big brewers and why US craft brewery closures are inevitable.
This month, my just-drinks colleague James Wilmore took on the question of why MillerCoors has yet to join in the rush to snap up the US's best-performing craft brewers.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (CCBCC) has further increased its franchise territory in the US as part of its agreement with The Coca-Cola Co.
A new campaign from Wines of South Africa (WoSA) is hoping to educate US consumers on the quality and heritage of South African vineyards.
Italian vineyard Ca di Rajo is to launch its Italian sparkling rose wine Epsilon into the US.
Bacardi and Pernod Ricard have each expressed their support for yesterday's agreement between Cuba and the US to normalise relations.
Gruppo Campari has confirmed that the head of its US division has left the company.
Mahou San Miguel, the Spanish brewer, is capitalising on the growth of the US craft brewing market by taking a 30% stake in Founders.
Diageo has claimed victory in a legal battle with Mexcor over its Crown Royal Canadian whisky brand.
Bebida Beverage Co (BeBevCo) is to push ahead with a stock restructure to boost its chances of making acquisitions.
The Coca-Cola Co has ended its 13-year sponsorship of US TV show American Idol.
Constellation Brands has completed its US$300m acquisition of Anheuser-Busch InBev's glass production plant in Mexico with new JV partner Owens-Illinois.
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste.
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future