United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
As Muhtar Kent prepares to step down as CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, the question everyone will be asking is: What will his legacy be?
Chasing the Millennial consumer has been the mantra of many a drinks company is recent years - but it appears the end of the Millennial rainbow might not yield the only pot of gold.
Election day 2016 in the US provided some surprises, but the country's growing embrace of cannabis was not one of them. Voters in four states – California, Maine, Massachusetts, and Nevada – approved legislation sanctioning the recreational use of marijuana, effectively doubling the number of states that allow the practice. This legislative action suggests that the alcohol beverage industry will likely face increased competition from legalised marijuana somewhat sooner than it had expected.
Yesterday, Dr Pepper Snapple Group confirmed the US$1.7bn purchase of Bai Brands.
Yesterday, Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) agreed to purchase Bai Bubbles owner Bai Brands, in a deal worth US1.7bn. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the acquisition and the target company.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is to end its UK bottling agreement with Accolade Wines.
Utmost brands will launch a line of cocktail mixers under its Grown-up Sodas brand. The range includes four flavours: Mojito, Moscow Mule, Sparkling Cosmo and Tonic & Lime.
The number of craft breweries in the US continues to rise, passing the 5,000 mark for the first time.
New Orleans-based Sazerac Co has released four Tequilas as part of its Expresiones del Corazón range for 2016.
A new report has highlighted the importance of in-store marketing, claiming that one-fifth of US consumers with a particular alcohol purchase in mind end up buying something else.
The man who led Treasury Wine Estates' US integration of Diageo's wine assets is to leave the company.
Heaven Hill has announced plans to construct a second Deep Eddy Vodka distillery as it looks to meet growing demand for the brand.
Pernod Ricard's US head has said Absolut vodka needs to focus more on Millennials, admitting that a failure to do so has hampered the brand's recent performance.
Edrington has launched the second in the Edition series of iterations of its The Macallan single malt Scotch whisky.
Beam Suntory has opened the doors to its new global headquarters in downtown Chicago.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends