United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Recent data compiled by North American market research provider Ipsos through its Alcohol Consumption Tracker highlights how the Cognac segment operates differently along ethnic lines in the US. Among black consumers, Cognac has been very popular historically, relying heavily on this ethnic group to drive much of its volume in the country. The situation has changed in recent years, however, as white consumers are becoming more engaged in the sector.
Last Friday, Roust Corp, the Moscow-based producer of Russian Standard vodka, filed for bankruptcy in New York City.
Constellation Brands' Mexican beer unit has proved to be a powerhouse for the company. Quarter after quarter, analysts have praised the performance of Corona and Modelo in the US as the company moved to buy and build new breweries to keep up with demand.
Reports in recent weeks have suggested that marijuana legalisation has created a drag on beer sales in states like Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Although it is not yet clear what the long-term effects of marijuana legalisation will be, I see no evidence that, in the short term, legalisation has had an effect on beer sales.
As Muhtar Kent prepares to step down as CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, the question everyone will be asking is: What will his legacy be?
Molson Coors has bought a stake in Spanish brewery Cervezas La Sagra.
Boston Beer Co has completed a four-year project to change the recipe of its Samuel Adams Rebel IPA brand.
Bai Bubbles maker Bai Brands has announced a new advertising campaign in the US, featuring its 'chief flavour officer' Justin Timberlake.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's venture capital unit, ZX Ventures, has bought Spanish brewery Cervezas La Virgen.
US plans to lower corporate tax could offset potential cost increases from a proposed border levy, an analyst has said.
Premium wine sales in the US are expected to grow by as much as 14% this year amid improved retails conditions and good supply, a new report has said.
Sweden's Brannland Cider is to enter the US after signing a new distribution deal.
The craft beer slowdown in the US looks to be continuing as year-end figures show a marked deceleration in supermarket and convenience growth for top brands.
The former head of Stoli Group has been appointed global spirits director at Perfect Brands Capital Partners (PBCP).
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits