United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
The main takeaway from Constellation Brands' full-year results yesterday was the continuing strength of its beer business.
Constellation Brands is upping its focus on beer in cans after craft brewers premiumised the format, the company's CEO has said.
If the spirits story of the last 40 years has been vodka's ascent to domination, are we now witnessing a whiskey fightback?
Constellation Brands will announce its fourth-quarter and full-year results on Thursday (9 April). Here, just-drinks looks back at the wine, beer and spirits producer's activities in the final three months of its financial year:
Gluten-free beer brands have the ability to attract “lost drinkers” back to the beer category in the US, according to MillerCoors.
The chief of Remy Cointreau's US division is to leave after 18 years with the company.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has bought a minority stake in Bai 5-owner Bai Brands for US$15m.
The head brewer of craft brewer Elysian has left the company days after it was fully acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Craft brewer Widmer Brothers is planning the US$10m expansion of its brewery in Portland, Oregon, following a leap in demand for its beers.
Bebida Beverage Co has said it is ready to comply with the US Food & Drug Administration after a recent warning, but added that some of the contentions may have been "caught up in semantics".
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, which imports Australian brand Yellow Tail into the US, has signed a five-year deal distribution deal with Glazer's across eight states
Bad weather has been blamed for a slowdown in US on-trade sales across the first three months of the year.
PepsiCo is to relaunch its Mountain Dew Baja Blast in the grocery channel.
The owner of the Khortytsa and Morosha vodka brands, Global Spirits, is to open an Americas office in New York as it eyes further international expansion.
MillerCoors is set to build a new brewery for its Blue Moon beer brand in downtown Denver, although the facility will produce less than 1% of the brand's total volumes.
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US.
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New York.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review