United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed purchase of SABMiller.
Late last week, Boston Beer Co turned in a disappointing set of first-quarter numbers. Net profits plummeted 49% while sales and volumes in the three months to the end of March were down 5%.
Following the release of its full-year results yesterday, Remy Cointreau's CFO has thrown down the gauntlet to other Cognac producers operating in the US.
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev bought another US craft brewer, Devils Backbone.
For the multinational spirits companies, the US is a market of vital importance. As well as being the world's largest market for spirits in value terms, the country also offers relative reliability, in terms of its economy, its regulatory environment and its consumption trends. Most importantly, the US offers growth.
eBay has linked up with mobile wine app Drync to expand its US online wine platform.
C&C Group's US cider unit Vermont Hard Cider has released a new extension under its struggling Woodchuck brand.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has added a ready-to-drink coffee and a purified water to its portfolio of partner brands, as it looks to keep apace with consumer trends.
Coca-Cola Co has added two flavours to its Dasani Sparkling flavours range. Raspberry Lemonade and Tropical Pineapple join Lime, Berry, Black Cherry and Lemon.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is rolling out slimline cans across its key CSD brands in the US.
The Coca-Cola Co has said it has again listened to consumer demand as it brings back the 1980s fruit juice-flavoured drink Hi-C Ecto Cooler.
The American Craft Spirits Association (ACSA) has appointed FEW Spirits founder Paul Hletko to the role of president of its board of directors.
The owners of Veev Spirits have sold a majority stake in their business to set up a brand development company.
Californian spirits producer Redwood Spirits has launched a vodka made with made with legal hemp grown in US.
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures.
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor.
It looks like actor Kelsey Grammer is set to become the latest US craft brewer.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends