United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
On a conference call following the company's full-year results announcement this week, Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry Young said newly-acquired Bai would become one of the company's priority brands.
Earlier this week, Dr Pepper Snapple Group released its results for 2016. While net profits in the 12-month period rose by almost 11%, net sales growth was a slightly less impressive 4%. Here, just-drinks breaks down the soft drinks company's figures for last year by segment and brand.
On a pro-forma basis, Molson Coors' sales and volumes both fell by low single-digits in 2016. In reported terms, net sales were down by 2.3% last year, while volumes slipped by 0.8%. Here, just-drinks looks at the brewer's full-year results, released earlier this week, by region.
Ahead of the release on Tuesday of Dr Pepper Snapple Group's (DPSG) results for the fourth quarter and the 12 months of 2016, here's a look at the events that shaped the three months to the end of December for the soft drinks group
The 51st Super Bowl kicks off on Sunday, and once again beverage companies are among the top spenders in the gaps during the game.
The head of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said the recently-purchased Bai soft drink range will join the company's priority portfolio, as the group looks to cater for changing consumer needs.
Talking Rain Beverage Co has lined up a near-US$40m marketing push for its Sparkling Ice flavoured sparkling waters in the US.
Boston Beer Co has released two seasonal ciders under its Angry Orchard brand in the US. Tapped Maple is a blend of American culinary apples with maple syrup, while Spiced Apple sees the addition of 'seasonal spices'.
The Coca-Cola Co has used its Freestyle self-service drinks system to create two new permanent additions to the Sprite portfolio in the US.
Starbucks has started the US roll-out of the RTD variant of the Teavana tea brand, which is produced in partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has lined up a new marketing initiative for its 7UP brand in the US, as it looks to highlight what it claims to be the soft drinks brand's "versatility".
Crystal Geyser Water Co has lined up the roll-out of its Tejava brand in plastic bottles in the US, as it looks to capitalise on the trend. towards convenience in the country.
Kwangdong has added three flavours to its Vita500 line up in the US. In addition to the Original flavour, Vita500 will now be available in naturally-flavoured Blueberry, Passion Fruit and Grape.
The spirits category has achieved a seventh consecutive year of share gains in the US alcohol market, according to new industry figures.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (CCBCC) has further increased its bottler franchise territory in the US with a new agreement for northern Ohio.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends