United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Brown-Forman's CEO has said sales of the Southern Comfort brand would have declined even faster if not for efforts by the company to shore them up.
Last week, analysts got a sneak preview of the Keurig Kold. It was a long-awaited chance to test-drive the home-carbonation platform that The Coca-Cola Co likes so much it invested at least US$1.25bn in maker Keurig Green Mountain.
The head of Cott Corp has said he expects North American carbonated soft drink volumes to sink by as much as 10% this year as the category continues to decline.
The head of Monster Beverage has said distributors outside of the US have shown “scepticism” over the ongoing transition of The Coca-Cola Co's energy portfolio.
The CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said there is “no real mystery” surrounding its talks with The Coca-Cola Co over pricing.
Sidney Frank Importing Company (SFIC) has dropped a lawsuit against Beam Suntory, ahead of a proposed takeover by Mast-Jägermeister.
US alcohol trade groups have hailed the Senate's passing of the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), calling the legislation an important step towards a level playing field for global producers.
Brown-Forman has announced the terms of its latest debt offering as it looks to raise US$500m.
The US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev is to invest more than US$1.5bn in its operations over the next three years, with about half going towards expansion projects in the country.
Heineken has launched a new Newcastle Brown Ale campaign in the US to dispel an apparent perception of the ale as a “heavy” beer.
New York-based spirits firm Castle Brands is to build new a warehouse in Kentucky after buying a stake in a Bourbon distillery owner.
Small Town Brewery is to roll out its herb-and-spice beer Not Your Father’s Root Beer nation-wide in the US after signing a new distribution deal.
Campari America is targeting the outdoor cooking season with a new ad for Cabo Wabo Tequila that features a three-time world barbecue champion.
US cider consumption is to jump by 12% a year over the next five years as newer markets grab the lion's share of growth from the UK, a new report has said.
Pabst Brewing Co (PBC) has tried to cool a spat with Snoop Dogg after the rap star reportedly claimed a potential US$70m from its recent sale.
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
I've just got back from New York, where the owner of a successful string of Manhattan bars showed me one of his latest best-sellers.
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US.
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research