United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
In part two of our interview with Craft Brew Alliance’s CEO, we talk to Andy Thomas about the state of the craft beer market, how CBA fits into it and where the category is headed.
The next couple of years carry great importance for MillerCoors. Not only is the US JV between Molson Coors and SABMiller set to come under new ownership in the coming days, but it also has work to do to stem revenue declines, achieve flat sales volumes by 2018 and secure growth the following year.
Morgan Stanley this week released its second survey of US wholesalers, which found increased confidence is the country's spirits market. The financial firm claims the report is more forward-looking than traditional channel data and attempts to "identify key trends before they appear in Nielsen data and sell-side forecasts". The survey also quizzed wholesalers on future category performance. Here's a run-down of the key findings:
In the LCBO liquor store near Ossington subway station in Toronto's trendy west end, business is good.
While each of the BRIC markets continue to throw up their own set of hurdles to sustained, long-term growth, the major spirits companies are becoming ever-more-thankful to the US for its safe bet positioning.
Southern Glazer's is boosting its high-end wine division as consumers increasingly seek wine at higher price points, the US distributor has said.
Moet Hennessy has launched a Cognac exclusive to the US market, called Master Blender's Selection No.1.
The founder of Boston Beer Co has unveiled plans for the company's Samuel Adams beer, following an announcement in April to review the brand.
Canadian craft brewer Unibroue has partnered the lead singer of Megadeth to release a beer.
Beam Suntory staff at two Jim Beam plants have agreed to end a strike after approving new labour terms.
The Boston Beer Co has announced an overview of its core brands as the brewer hit its fourth straight quarter of decline.
Bacardi has repackaged its Oakheart spiced rum in the US, as the company looks to distance the iteration from its namesake brand.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's venture capital unit ZX Ventures has purchased US homebrew supply company Northern Brewer.
Beam Suntory has said it expects to spend around US1bn on growing its Bourbon operations, meanwhile employees from two sites have taken strike action.
Craft distillers could become as important to the US spirits market as craft brewers are to beer, a new study has said.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, named for the country's domestic beer and reportedly a firm favourite with leader Kim Jong-un.
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends