United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola Co pocketed US$2.1bn in profits in its most recent quarter, but that hasn't stopped the soft drinks giant facing pressure from disgruntled shareholders this month, as well as fresh rumours of a possible takeover bid.
Gruppo Campari's Skyy vodka brand is recovering in the US despite a slowdown in flavoured vodka, according to the company's CEO.
Anheuser-Busch caused a stir last week by announcing a deal to acquire another craft brewer – but this time in the unofficial craft beer capital of the US.
The announcement of an alliance between Monster Beverage Corp and the Coca-Cola Co earlier this year was widely regarded as a win-win scenario.
Yesterday, MillerCoors reported a near-8% lift in year-to-date net profits thanks in part to a healthy third quarter. Here, we take a look at the company's brand performance in the quarter:
The Coca-Cola Co has said the dairy category can “rain money” as the company revealed its upcoming Fairlife Ultra-Filtered Milk will sell for twice the price of regular milk.
PepsiCo's longest-serving board member, Sharon Rockefeller, will not stand for re-election, the company has said.
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold will be released next Autumn, the home carbonation system's co-developer has said, but details on how it will work remain vague.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it is making an unspecified number of redundancies in its US business as it looks to improve “competitiveness”.
Beam Suntory has confirmed the permanent appointment of Paula Erickson to the role of global chief human resources officer.
Diageo and Combs Wine & Spirits have launched the first new expressions in the DeLeón range since they formed a JV for the Tequila brand.
Diageo has taken over New York's Times Square in a campaign for the Sean “Diddy” Combs-backed Ciroc Vodka.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has appointed a new director to its board and declared its latest dividend.
Beer volumes declines in the US on-trade slowed slightly last month but the category continued to lose share to wines and spirits, latest figures show.
The US soft drinks industry has attacked a legislator's proposal in New York to put health warnings on added-sugar beverages, saying “misleading” labels won't teach people about healthy lifestyles.
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste.
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research