United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Constellation Brands is a firm favourite on Wall Street at the moment. The company's share price hasn't stopped rising since it took control of the Grupo Modelo brands from Anheuser-Busch InBev. Indeed, US$100 worth of stock bought in June 2012, when the deal was announced, is now worth just over $850.
It may be going too far to call the truncated lifespan of the Keurig Kold farcical. But, in the nine months since it was launched, the home-carbonation system's owner, Keurig Green Mountain, has been sold to a private-equity group, big-money investor The Coca-Cola Co pulled out and headed for the hills and its CEO was unceremoniously dumped.
Late yesterday, Anheuser-Busch InBev said it will team up with Starbucks to launch an RTD Teavana tea across the US.
Earlier this week, Chicago-based market research firm IRI released a list of the biggest craft beer brands in the US off-premise. Here, for the 12 months to 15 May, is the top 20.
Data provider Nielsen has teamed up with on-trade consultants CGA to launch its first consumer sentiment survey on the US on-trade market. The report continues Nielsen's new focus on the out-of-home channel, which can be difficult to get accurate information on. Last month, the company launched a report that compared the US on-trade to the UK's, while the latest focusses on how the public views the major bar-and-restaurant alcohol brands. Here's a snapshot of the report's findings:
Moet Hennessy has renewed distribution contracts in five US markets with Charmer Sunbelt successor Breakthru Beverage Group.
The US craft beer industry has reached "maturation" but not "saturation" as high growth in the sector starts to slow, the country's Brewers Association has said.
California coffee company Peet's Coffee has launched a ready-to-drink range based on its cold brew offering.
Molson Coors' international head is to move into the newly-created role of chief growth officer once the brewer completes its acquisition of MillerCoors.
Boston Beer Co's CEO has said cider trends in the US may stabilise over the year as the impact from hard soda fades away.
Constellation Brands has appointed the CEO of jewellers Tiffany & Co and former LVMH Champagne executive to its board of directors.
Boston Beer Co's poor year has continued as first-half sales, profits volumes and market share all declined, albeit at a slower rate than in Q1.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to drop a controversial US wholesaler incentive scheme to comply with conditions for its takeover of SABMiller.
MillerCoors has expanded its US craft beer portfolio with a majority stake in Georgia-based Terrapin Beer Co.
US anti-trust authorities have sought to rein in Anheuser-Busch InBev's distribution clout in the country, as they gave conditional approval to the brewer's SABMiller takeover.
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US.
Jim Cramer, the excitable host of stock-picker programme Mad Money on CNBC, turned his attention on US brewers last week, attempting to forecast which has the most potential for investors.
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends