United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
As a turbulent 2016 draws to a close, a new study of the UK's 1,223 largest alcoholic drinks wholesalers and distributors highlights five things owners and directors must do in 2017.
Today, Britvic posted a rise in its full-year sales and profits, boosted by the integration of Brazilian soft drinks producer Empresa Brasileira de Bebidas e Alimentos (EBBA). Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region in the 52 weeks to 25 September.
On Wednesday, Britvic will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance over the fiscal year to 28 September:
Attending the UK Wine & Spirits Trade Association’s annual conference in London yesterday, I was particularly struck by one thought: Stripping out every use of the words "if", "could", "might", probably" and "likely" would have made the whole event a darn sight shorter. The main topic of the day? Of course: Brexit.
This month, William Grant & Sons launched its annual UK market report. Here, just-drinks looks at the report's findings on the UK's main spirits categories.
Champagne Lanson has extended further its on-premise partnership with London entertainment venue The O2.
Diageo has confirmed the pending closure of Alexander & James, only four years after setting up the UK-focused e-commerce portal.
The UK drinks industry has broadly welcomed the speech this week by the country's Prime Minister regarding her intention to take the UK out of the European Union, although trade associations say they will push for the ability to trade "as freely as possible" with the rest of Europe.
A UK wine trade body has criticised an attempt to secure official protected geographical status for English sparkling wine under the name "British Fizz".
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has launched a GBP4.5m (US$5.4m) advertising campaign for Coca-Cola Zero Sugar in the UK.
Scottish distillery Arbikie Highland Estate has launched its second permanent gin brand, AK’S Gin.
Sogrape's UK unit has appointed Liberty Wines to handle its wine brands in the market.
Ready-to-drink brand Ibiza Ice has returned to the UK, eight years after it first appeared in the market.
The UK division of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the roll-out of an alcohol-free version of German wheat beer brand Franziskaner.
Halewood Wines & Spirits is to launch three special edition bottles for its Lambrini brand in the UK market, as it looks to capitalise on seasonal events.
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip.
Here in the UK, we're coming to the end of a fine summer of cricket, with England having played against Sri Lanka and Pakistan in a number of matches around the country.
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone?
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends