United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Stock Spirits posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits today as Poland continued to underperform. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Not many business empires begin with a holiday to Peru. But that was the genesis of Chilli Marketing, which last week sold the UK rights of Swedish cider brand Rekorderlig to Molson Coors.
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
SHS Drinks has launched a range of new extensions for its Bottlegreen cordial brand.
Britvic has launched a limited-edition version of its J20 adult soft drinks brand, exclusively into the UK on-trade.
The UK's Black Sheep Brewery has launched three new bottled beers as the Yorkshire brewery expands its 33cl portfolio.
UK soup maker Soupologie has launched an RTD soup made from vegetable and fruit blends.
The BenRiach Distillery Co has launched a limited-edition BenRiach peated single malt, Latada.
Molson Coors' Cornwall brewery, Sharp's, has released a limited-edition amber ale.
Britvic is continuing to cut sugar from its portfolio with the release of a sugar-free Tango Orange.
UK beer sales slipped in the past 12 months as the industry struggled against a football-free summer, new figures have shown.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn has released a seasonal Bourbon-flavoured ale in the UK.
AG Barr is to end production of its returnable bottles after a GBP5m (US$7.8m) upgrade at its bottling plant in Scotland.
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns.
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review