United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, William Grant & Sons launched its annual UK market report. Here, just-drinks looks at the report's findings on the UK's main spirits categories.
Last month, UK producer Seedlip launched the second expression in its range of self-described "non-alcoholic spirits". Seedlip Garden follows the launch in November of the original Seedlip, which sold out three times in high-end London retailer Selfridges and has caught the attention of bartenders with its positioning as an adult-aimed, non-alcoholic base for cocktails. Seedlip founder Ben Branson says the spirit - a distillation of botanicals including herbs, fruit and bark - is a riposte to non-alcoholic drinks that depend too heavily on sugary fruit blends, and offers a solution to the problem of "what to drink when you're not drinking". just-drinks spoke to Branson ahead of the launch of Seedlip Garden about his early successes, interest from Bahraini royalty and why the industry needs to get on-board the non-alcoholic category.
The markets have had the weekend to digest the possible implications of the UK's decision to leave the EU. Here is a summation of what the analysts are saying about UK-listed beverage companies, and those that have an interest in the UK consumer.
It was 1997 and Anders Nanne knew Rekorderlig had hit the big time. The co-creator of the Swedish cider was driving out of Gothenburg airport and saw an empty Rekordelig can in a small wood. "When you see it as garbage, that's when you know it's a big brand."
The concept of selling wine online may not be a new one but, as more companies look towards 'home-trade' and the likes of Amazon and eBay enter the market, established players need to stay ahead of the game. Virgin Wines CEO Jay Wright tells just-drinks how his firm looks to grow it relevance in an increasingly-crowded market place.
Champagne Bruno Paillard has launched the fifth vintage of its prestige cuvee - NPU - to the UK market
McGuigan Wines will rollout its 'Bring a McGuigan' advertising campaign to UK television from September.
Fever-Tree has continued its impressive growth in the first half of 2016, with sales and profits both jumping in the period.
BrewDog has released a cask version of its Dead Pony Club beer that uses live yeast to ferment in the keg.
UK consumers still perceive Australian wine to be homogenous and dominated by big brands, according to the CEO of Berry Bros & Rudd.
Treasury Wine Estates is to ramp up the UK distribution of its Castello di Gabbiano Italian wine portfolio after signing an on-premise deal with Molson Coors.
AG Barr is to launch its first permanent new Irn-Bru in 35 years, a sugar-free version that claims to taste more like the original than the current zero-calorie extensions.
Beam Suntory is to place a Japanese-style telephone booth outside Asda supermarkets as it extends an experiential marketing campaign for Midori melon liqueur to the UK.
UK soft drinks producer Nichols has forecast another solid six months after first-half results saw sales and profits climb.
Britvic has posted a drop in nine-month underlying sales as still soft drinks in the UK continued to underperform.
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone?
Coca-Cola Enterprises CEO John Brock came out fighting against the UK government's proposed sugar tax, saying he doesn't think it will pass unchanged.
Women don't get drunk - and certainly not on Heineken.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends