United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Britvic announced flat sales in Q1 results today, as competition in the UK remained strong. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
The starting gun on the UK General Election campaign has been fired and, once again, alcohol looks set to be a political football.
Britvic's CEO has said that the company's Robinsons brand will be a “big focus” for next year as it ramps up innovations across a number of products.
Tomorrow, SABMiller will report its full second-quarter and half-year numbers. Here just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to end of September:
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Australian food group Sanitarium is to launch its breakfast drink brand Up & Go in the UK.
Concha y Toro has extended its partnership for its Trivento Argentinian wine brand with the organisers of the Aviva Premiership rugby tournament in the UK.
The UK's advertising authority has rejected complaints over a TV spot for Diageo's David Beckham-based Scotch whisky, Haig Club.
AG Barr has said it expects to see full-year sales growth of around 2%, despite the volatile state of the UK soft drinks market.
Diageo has responded to UK media scrutiny over a move to change its payment terms for new contracts with suppliers.
Molson Coors has agreed to sell its UK maltings business, Shobnall, to French firm Malteries Soufflet.
Britvic has said it remains confident of boosting FY profits by as much as 9% despite posting flat Q1 sales.
Britvic is to scrap its full-sugar Robinsons cordials and sell an expanded range of no-added sugar flavours as it attempts to revive the brand.
SABMiller has appointed a former South African government minister to sit on its board as a non-executive director.
Diageo is aiming to grow five of its smaller brands in the UK after signing new distribution agreements with Marblehead and Catalyst Brands.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the size, scale and importance of the Scotch industry.
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries.
At a Burns Night supper in Kings Cross last week, the team from the International Wines and Spirits Competition were letting their hair down.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Newcastle Brown Ale to lose caramel colouring
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review