United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Not many business empires begin with a holiday to Peru. But that was the genesis of Chilli Marketing, which last week sold the UK rights of Swedish cider brand Rekorderlig to Molson Coors.
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
Nick Miller spent 25 years working for big brewers - most recently with SABMiller - before deciding to take the role of CEO at London's Meantime Brewing Co in 2011. Here, Surrey-born Miller explains who he regards as competition, the future for UK craft brewers and the firm's plans for this year.
Spencerfield Spirit Co has launched a new slimline bottle for its Edinburgh Gin brand.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a UK TV ad as part of its Stella Artois Open golf sponsorship at St Andrews.
Diageo has declined to comment on reports it is looking outside the company for its next chief financial officer.
Heineken's Scottish subsidiary, Caledonian Brewery, is to roll out new craft innovations into the UK after opening a GBP100,000 (US$156,000) pilot brewery.
Edrington has launched a new The Famous Grouse expression as it attempts to “challenge perceptions” around blended Scotch.
The Boston Beer Co is to release one of its Angry Orchard ciders in the UK.
Scotch whisky business The BenRiach Distillery Company is to invest GBP25m (US$39m) over the next two years to drive growth for its trio of single malt brands.
Remy Cointreau's Scotch whisky unit, Bruichladdich, is to start work on six new maturation warehouses on Islay.
Suntory soft drinks brand Ribena is launching a GBP6m (US$9.3m) marketing campaign aimed especially at consumers aged 16 to 34.
UK off-licence group Conviviality Retail is in talks to take over distributor Matthew Clark.
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair.
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research