United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Britvic's CEO has said that the company's Robinsons brand will be a “big focus” for next year as it ramps up innovations across a number of products.
Tomorrow, SABMiller will report its full second-quarter and half-year numbers. Here just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to end of September:
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October.
Yesterday afternoon, here in London, the UK's Wine and Spirit Trade Association hosted its annual conference. Headlining the show was Sir John Hegarty, co-founder of the Bartle Bogle Hegarty advertising agency and best known for creating the Levi 501 ads and the 'Vorsprung Durch Technik' tagline for Audi.
The UK alcoholic drinks industry has delivered on an alcohol-unit reduction pledge two years early, according to a new report.
The head of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said the group's new base in London will help cultivate stronger links in the UK capital.
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to be one of the official sponsors of next year's Rugby World Cup, continuing a 20-year presence at the tournament.
Molson Coors has renewed a supply deal with Newcastle United FC in the UK.
Super Bock, the Portuguese beer brand, is to get a wider launch in the UK after owner Unicer struck a deal with Brookfield Drinks.
The UK spirits and wine industry has called for a 2% cut in duty as it launches a new campaign to highlight “sky-high” tax rates.
Shepherd Neame has launched a limited-edition ale to mark the centenary of its wooden mash tuns, which its claims are the last remaining ones in Britain.
A brewery which claims to the be the UK's first to produce only gluten-free beers is due to open in Edinburgh next year.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has pledged to continue using recycled plastic despite selling off its stake in a UK PET recycling plant.
Purity Brewing Co has released a limited-edition black beer in Champagne-style bottles.
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different.
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts.
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018