United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
Nick Miller spent 25 years working for big brewers - most recently with SABMiller - before deciding to take the role of CEO at London's Meantime Brewing Co in 2011. Here, Surrey-born Miller explains who he regards as competition, the future for UK craft brewers and the firm's plans for this year.
Britvic announced flat sales in Q1 results today, as competition in the UK remained strong. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch unit of Emperador Inc, is to distribute Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua's Flor de Caña rum in the UK and Ireland.
Independent craft beer business Brewdog has launched a new IPA to mark the 4 July Independence Day celebrations in the US.
Britvic posted a rise in sales in its first-half results today (21 May). Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by category and region in the 28-week period.
Wine producers should position lower abv brands alongside cider and beer in the UK off-trade, in order to attract consumers from other alcohol categories, an industry expert has said.
Soaring sparkling wine sales have not damaged Champagne in the UK, according to Lanson’s 2015 Champagne category report.
Refresco Gerber UK is to extend production of its Tesco-branded beverages into energy drinks and flavoured water.
UK trade body The Can Makers has launched a website that aims to help independent brewers sell their beers in canned formats.
AG Barr acquisition Funkin is to roll out new packaging across the portfolio as it looks to standardise branding.
The Swedish Cider Co has launched two seasonal flavours in its älska cider range.
Casella Family Brands has launched a UK marketing campaign for its Yellow Tail wine brand that aims to hand out 3,500 samples a day in the coming weeks.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair.
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink.
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review