United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October.
Yesterday afternoon, here in London, the UK's Wine and Spirit Trade Association hosted its annual conference. Headlining the show was Sir John Hegarty, co-founder of the Bartle Bogle Hegarty advertising agency and best known for creating the Levi 501 ads and the 'Vorsprung Durch Technik' tagline for Audi.
Triple-region wine show The Beautiful South kicked off in London yesterday, with a different feel and look to last year's inaugural event.
Bacardi is embarking on an ambitious mission to launch an array of new single malt Scotch whiskies from its five Speyside distilleries. Here, just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, talks to Stephen Marshall, the man behind the project.
Every six months or so, a report or a piece of research is released about the UK's so-called alcohol “epidemic”. The national media jump on it, which sets in train much teeth-gnashing over what should be done.
United Spirits, the Diageo-controlled Indian drinks firm, has today completed the sale of Whyte & Mackay to Emperador Inc for GBP430m (US$729m) after clearing regulatory hurdles.
UK brewers are “open-minded” about including calorie information on brands, according to a trade group, after a fresh call from health lobbyists.
Brewers in the UK are relaunching the 'Let There Be Beer' campaign under a fresh banner, including a new TV ad as part of a GBP10m (US$16m) spend.
Diageo has announced plans to reinstate its Pimm's variant 'No. 6 Vodka Cup' in the UK after public complaints over its delisting.
Spirit Pub Co's board has agreed to give Greene King an extension until next Tuesday to make a firm offer for the company.
UK distributor Bibendum Wine has merged with drinks importer PLB Group.
Earlier this year, UK gin producer Sipsmith moved into larger premises as demand for its namesake gin portfolio grew. Last night saw the official opening of the new distillery, in west London.
Gruppo Campari has launched the 50 Year Old expression of its Glen Grant Scotch whisky brand into the UK on a limited basis.
Mast-Jägermeister and Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) have joined UK drinks industry watchdog, The Portman Group, just-drinks can reveal.
Scotland is set to lower its drink-drive limit by the end of the year, bringing it into line with most other European countries.
This weekend, Bacardi is hosting a three-day music event on the private island of Palomino just off the coast of Puerto Rico.
Today's news that German spirits firm Mast-Jägermeister has joined UK responsible drinking organisation The Portman Group may raise eyebrows in some quarters.
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review