United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Britvic announced flat sales in Q1 results today, as competition in the UK remained strong. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
The starting gun on the UK General Election campaign has been fired and, once again, alcohol looks set to be a political football.
Britvic's CEO has said that the company's Robinsons brand will be a “big focus” for next year as it ramps up innovations across a number of products.
Tomorrow, SABMiller will report its full second-quarter and half-year numbers. Here just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to end of September:
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
E&J Gallo has lined up a UK marketing campaign for its New Amsterdam vodka brand.
Scottish brewer BrewDog is releasing a gluten-free beer in the UK.
UK retailer Tesco has reinstated its suspended director of wine, spirits and beer, Dan Jago, just-drinks has learnt.
The George Clooney-owned Tequila Casamigos has launched into the UK as the brand expands its international footprint.
Britvic has launched a new J20 flavour for a limited time as it continues an overhaul of its UK beverage portfolio.
Carlsberg's UK unit has launched three new flavours in its Somersby cider range alongside a GBP7m (US$ 10.8m) marketing campaign.
Lucozade Ribena Suntory is set to expand its Lucozade Sport offering in the UK.
Halewood International has launched a cherry variant of Corby Distilleries' Lamb's Spiced range in the UK, to target demand for sweeter taste profiles.
UK brewer Hogs Back has launched legal action against C&C Group's Magners GB unit over claims of trademark infringement.
Inver House Distillers is to double capacity at its Speyburn Scotch distillery after organising a new GBP10m (US$15.4m) loan.
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the size, scale and importance of the Scotch industry.
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report