United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
With just over 20% of the country's total beer market value, the craft category in the US is ahead of the global curve.
Former Tesco wine director Dan Jago took over as CEO at UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd in 2015 and has since overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters. In part I of the interview, Jago discussed new changes to the company. In part II, the CEO talks about how he has no desire to chase the Millennial market, and reveals what keeps him awake at night.
In August 2015, UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd appointed Dan Jago as its CEO. Since then, the former group wine director at Tesco has overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters to learn more about the changes he has introduced.
This is the latest in on-trade technology. Created by UK firm Bottoms Up, the draught system can pour a pint in six seconds, without spilling a drop. It is aimed at large entertainment venues such as football stadiums, where its high speed can alleviate bottlenecks at half-time concession stands.
'Dry January' may be over for another year, but the concept continues to divide opinion. While some will be feeling proud of their achievement, others will have succumbed to the odd cheeky pint. The rest will just be relieved to have their mates back in the pub.
Molson Coors has lined up a 33cl can format in the UK for Thai brand Singha Beer, as it looks to surf the wave of popularity for the size that has been created by the craft beer segment.
Sales and volumes increases in 2016 for UK brewer and spirits producer Adnams failed to lift profits in the year, as currency weakness hit the bottom line.
Molson Coors has launched a new Carling Cider flavour, Black Fruits, as it targets growing demand for canned fruit cider.
The UK arm of Heineken has confirmed to just-drinks that Tesco has pulled a swathe of its beer and cider SKUs from stores across the country.
Britvic, PepsiCo’s soft drinks agent in the UK, has announced details of a flavoured variant of the US company’s Pepsi Max CSD brand.
UK producer Elephant Gin has launched a navy-strength version of its namesake gin brand called Elephant Strength Gin.
Emperador has lined up a sponsorship deal for its Whyte & Mackay blended Scotch brand with the British & Irish Lions rugby team.
Molson Coors has defended its Carling sponsorship of Friday night English Premier League games, despite none having been played since the end of December.
Stock Spirits has farmed out the distribution of its portfolio in the UK to Distell, in an attempt to "ramp up their efforts" in the country.
E&J Gallo has lined up a marketing campaign for its Barefoot wine brand in the UK.
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip.
Here in the UK, we're coming to the end of a fine summer of cricket, with England having played against Sri Lanka and Pakistan in a number of matches around the country.
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone?
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research