Ukraine: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Commission has released details of proposals to remove tariffs on goods traded between the European Union and Ukraine.
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Carlsberg has claimed that it will be forced to close one of its Ukraine breweries if a three-fold duty hike on beer goes through, according to reports.
Australian wine brand Hardys has been launched in Ukraine to take advantage of a "huge market", its owner Accolade Wines said today (17 August).
Carlsberg's beer sales at stadiums hosting the European Football Championships have already topped that from the entire last tournament, with consumption up 49% per spectator.
Oasis CIS is eyeing expansion in Ukraine's beer market via the possible acquisition of local brewer Persha Privatna Brovarnya, according to a report.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute Warsteiner beer in Ukraine.
Nemiroff Company's Nemiroff Distinct
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
Molson Coors is seeking to bolster its presence in Eastern Europe by launching Carling lager in Ukraine, via a tie-up with local brewer Obolon.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch