Ukraine: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Commission has released details of proposals to remove tariffs on goods traded between the European Union and Ukraine.
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Carlsberg has claimed that it will be forced to close one of its Ukraine breweries if a three-fold duty hike on beer goes through, according to reports.
Australian wine brand Hardys has been launched in Ukraine to take advantage of a "huge market", its owner Accolade Wines said today (17 August).
Carlsberg's beer sales at stadiums hosting the European Football Championships have already topped that from the entire last tournament, with consumption up 49% per spectator.
Oasis CIS is eyeing expansion in Ukraine's beer market via the possible acquisition of local brewer Persha Privatna Brovarnya, according to a report.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute Warsteiner beer in Ukraine.
Nemiroff Company's Nemiroff Distinct
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
Molson Coors is seeking to bolster its presence in Eastern Europe by launching Carling lager in Ukraine, via a tie-up with local brewer Obolon.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research