Ukraine: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Commission has released details of proposals to remove tariffs on goods traded between the European Union and Ukraine.
Vodka producer Nemiroff has been forced to cease production in its home market of Ukraine, as the company's shareholders continue to do battle.
Carlsberg has claimed that it will be forced to close one of its Ukraine breweries if a three-fold duty hike on beer goes through, according to reports.
Australian wine brand Hardys has been launched in Ukraine to take advantage of a "huge market", its owner Accolade Wines said today (17 August).
Carlsberg's beer sales at stadiums hosting the European Football Championships have already topped that from the entire last tournament, with consumption up 49% per spectator.
Oasis CIS is eyeing expansion in Ukraine's beer market via the possible acquisition of local brewer Persha Privatna Brovarnya, according to a report.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute Warsteiner beer in Ukraine.
Nemiroff Company's Nemiroff Distinct
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
Molson Coors is seeking to bolster its presence in Eastern Europe by launching Carling lager in Ukraine, via a tie-up with local brewer Obolon.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends