Turkey: Latest beverage news & analysis
Coca-Cola Icecek has “re-energised” its sparkling category with strong growth for Coca-Cola brands, the company's CEO has said.
Coca-Cola Icecek will rebound in Turkey next year after weak consumer confidence hurts this year's volumes, an analyst has predicted.
Turkey's ban on off-trade alcohol sales after 22:00 will hit Anadolu Efes the hardest in the near-term, but it is excise tax rates that will determine whether the country's beer market recovers, according to an analyst.
As Turkish authorities kept watch over Taksim Square following a month of anti-government protests, the country's alcohol industry was bracing itself for its own crackdown.
Yesterday, Turkish beer and soft drinks producer Anadolu Efes reported its figures for the first three months of 2013. Here, just-drinks looks at the company's performance by category and by region.
Anadolu Efes has shrunk its full-year losses as soft drinks operations boosted sales amid a weak Turkish beer market.
A weak Turkish Lira hit Coca-Cola Icecek's bottom line in 2015, but full-year sales were up as the company delivered on pricing.
A plunge in beer volumes has dragged Anadolu Efes into the red in year-to-date results as markets in Russia and Ukraine contracted.
An improved performance in Turkey has seen Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) increase nine-month sales but net profits dropped on currency headwinds and higher financial costs.
Japan's DyDo Drinco is to pay TRY335m (US$110m) for a 90% stake in three beverage companies owned by Turkish food group Yildiz Holdings.
Anadolu Efes has hailed a “satisfactory” H1 despite currency fluctuations pushing the beer and soft drinks maker into the red.
Foreign exchange fluctuations in Central Asia and competition in Pakistan have hampered Coca-Cola Icecek’s performance in the first six months of the year.
Diageo has said it is reviewing a government investigation into allegations claiming its Turkish unit, Mey Içki, took unfair advantage of its market-leading position in the country.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-quarter losses increase as weaker demand in its international beer unit dampened sales.
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) has dipped into the red as currency fluctuations and weak emerging markets hit its bottom line in the first quarter.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview