Turkey: Latest beverage news & analysis
Coca-Cola Icecek has “re-energised” its sparkling category with strong growth for Coca-Cola brands, the company's CEO has said.
Coca-Cola Icecek will rebound in Turkey next year after weak consumer confidence hurts this year's volumes, an analyst has predicted.
Turkey's ban on off-trade alcohol sales after 22:00 will hit Anadolu Efes the hardest in the near-term, but it is excise tax rates that will determine whether the country's beer market recovers, according to an analyst.
As Turkish authorities kept watch over Taksim Square following a month of anti-government protests, the country's alcohol industry was bracing itself for its own crackdown.
Yesterday, Turkish beer and soft drinks producer Anadolu Efes reported its figures for the first three months of 2013. Here, just-drinks looks at the company's performance by category and by region.
Anadolu Efes has hailed a “satisfactory” H1 despite currency fluctuations pushing the beer and soft drinks maker into the red.
Foreign exchange fluctuations in Central Asia and competition in Pakistan have hampered Coca-Cola Icecek’s performance in the first six months of the year.
Diageo has said it is reviewing a government investigation into allegations claiming its Turkish unit, Mey Içki, took unfair advantage of its market-leading position in the country.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-quarter losses increase as weaker demand in its international beer unit dampened sales.
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) has dipped into the red as currency fluctuations and weak emerging markets hit its bottom line in the first quarter.
Anadolu Efes has posted a single-digit rise in full-year volumes, but its beer performance dragged as the group continues to recover from regulatory changes in Turkey and Russia.
Anadolu Efes has a seen a double-digit rise in nine-month sales but continues to feel the impact of struggles in Russia and Ukraine.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-half sales boosted by its soft drinks operations as its domestic beer operations continued to suffer.
Coca-Cola Icecek has seen a healthy rise in first-half sales and profits despite challenges in its domestic market and internationally.
Tetra Pak is to spend EUR36m (US$49m) to double capacity at a Turkish packaging plant as the company targets growing demand for innovation.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research