Turkey: Latest beverage news & analysis
Coca-Cola Icecek has “re-energised” its sparkling category with strong growth for Coca-Cola brands, the company's CEO has said.
Coca-Cola Icecek will rebound in Turkey next year after weak consumer confidence hurts this year's volumes, an analyst has predicted.
Turkey's ban on off-trade alcohol sales after 22:00 will hit Anadolu Efes the hardest in the near-term, but it is excise tax rates that will determine whether the country's beer market recovers, according to an analyst.
As Turkish authorities kept watch over Taksim Square following a month of anti-government protests, the country's alcohol industry was bracing itself for its own crackdown.
Yesterday, Turkish beer and soft drinks producer Anadolu Efes reported its figures for the first three months of 2013. Here, just-drinks looks at the company's performance by category and by region.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-quarter losses increase as weaker demand in its international beer unit dampened sales.
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) has dipped into the red as currency fluctuations and weak emerging markets hit its bottom line in the first quarter.
Anadolu Efes has posted a single-digit rise in full-year volumes, but its beer performance dragged as the group continues to recover from regulatory changes in Turkey and Russia.
Anadolu Efes has a seen a double-digit rise in nine-month sales but continues to feel the impact of struggles in Russia and Ukraine.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-half sales boosted by its soft drinks operations as its domestic beer operations continued to suffer.
Coca-Cola Icecek has seen a healthy rise in first-half sales and profits despite challenges in its domestic market and internationally.
Tetra Pak is to spend EUR36m (US$49m) to double capacity at a Turkish packaging plant as the company targets growing demand for innovation.
Coca-Cola Icecek has posted a strong jump in net sales and volumes as its international arm continued to expand.
Anadolu Efes has posted a double-digit rise in first-quarter sales, but its bottom line was hampered by exchange rate pressures and the impact of a one-off gain in the prior year.
Turkish group Tat Gida Sanayi has agreed to acquire a 50% stake in local juice maker Tedi Icecek from soft drinks firm Maspex-Gmw, according to reports.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review