Thailand: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo's partnership with Serm Suk is under threat after 59 years, signalling the dawn of a new and inevitably challenging era for the soft drinks firm in the country.
Price increases on spirits and beer helped push ThaiBev's year-to-date sales and profits up despite a weak soft drinks performance.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Tito’s Handmade Vodka has extended the export presence for its namesake brand to include Thailand.
Thailand's Ichitan Group is to build a plant in Indonesia after agreeing to set up a THB1.18bn (US$37m) joint-venture with PT Atri Pasifix.
Pernod Ricard's wine unit has launched a Jacob's Creek blended red in Thailand designed to match the country's cuisine.
ThaiBev has posted a sharp drop in YTD net profits as falling beer sales, caused by a halt in production, hampered the group.
PepsiCo is rolling out its Mountain Dew brand in Thailand, backed by a multi-media marketing campaign.
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as “handsome one” and “beautiful one”.
ThaiBev has seen the cycling of tough comparatives for its Serm Suk soft drinks unit hamper performance in the first half of this year.
Coca-Cola's Thailand unit has launched the company's first herbal drink.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018