Thailand: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo's partnership with Serm Suk is under threat after 59 years, signalling the dawn of a new and inevitably challenging era for the soft drinks firm in the country.
Thailand has scrapped a proposal to ban alcohol sales over the New Year and Thai New Year celebrations, according to local reports.
Price increases on spirits and beer helped push ThaiBev's year-to-date sales and profits up despite a weak soft drinks performance.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Tito’s Handmade Vodka has extended the export presence for its namesake brand to include Thailand.
Thailand's Ichitan Group is to build a plant in Indonesia after agreeing to set up a THB1.18bn (US$37m) joint-venture with PT Atri Pasifix.
Pernod Ricard's wine unit has launched a Jacob's Creek blended red in Thailand designed to match the country's cuisine.
ThaiBev has posted a sharp drop in YTD net profits as falling beer sales, caused by a halt in production, hampered the group.
PepsiCo is rolling out its Mountain Dew brand in Thailand, backed by a multi-media marketing campaign.
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as “handsome one” and “beautiful one”.
ThaiBev has seen the cycling of tough comparatives for its Serm Suk soft drinks unit hamper performance in the first half of this year.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets