Taiwan: Latest beverage news & analysis
There’s a large and very prominently displayed sign at the entrance of Kavalan’s visitor centre in their distillery at Yi-Lan, Taiwan. “The New Homeland of Whisky”, it reads. Now, it would be easy to dismiss that as marketing hyperbole or simple self-aggrandisement, were it not that around 1m people a year see the sign.
Pernod Ricard is running an “out-of-store brand space” in Taiwan's Taoyuan international airport for its The Glenlivet single malt Scotch whisky brand.
Uni-President Enterprises Corp is investing US$100m in two new factories in China, according to local reports.
Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour' ultra-premium blended Scotch has been launched in Asian travel retail, in Taiwan and Singapore airports.
The Coca-Cola Co has insisted that its products are safe to drink despite a ban in Taiwan on the importation of some Coke Zero ingredients.
A number of sports and soft drinks brands have been removed from supermarket shelves in Taiwan as a result of contamination with a banned chemical, according to local reports.
Burn Stewart Distillers is to distribute and promote Whyte & Mackay's flagship single malt Scotch whiskies in Taiwan.
Bros & Rudd Spirits has launched two new vintages for the Far East market.
Taiwan's state-owned alcohol producer is preparing to launch its Taiwan Beer on the growing Chinese market, according to local reports.
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its Standard Original brand in Taiwan.
Carlsberg’s venture in Malaysia has bought a stake in the Danish brewer’s distributor in Taiwan to boost exports to the Asian country.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO