Taiwan: Latest beverage news & analysis
There’s a large and very prominently displayed sign at the entrance of Kavalan’s visitor centre in their distillery at Yi-Lan, Taiwan. “The New Homeland of Whisky”, it reads. Now, it would be easy to dismiss that as marketing hyperbole or simple self-aggrandisement, were it not that around 1m people a year see the sign.
William Grant & Sons has appointed a former Diageo executive to head up its Travel Retail unit in Taiwan.
Taiwan has joined the list of high-value markets where Scotch is registered as a trademark.
C&C Group has agreed a distribution deal for Magners in Taiwan as it continues to strengthen the cider's global footprint.
Pernod Ricard is running an “out-of-store brand space” in Taiwan's Taoyuan international airport for its The Glenlivet single malt Scotch whisky brand.
Uni-President Enterprises Corp is investing US$100m in two new factories in China, according to local reports.
Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour' ultra-premium blended Scotch has been launched in Asian travel retail, in Taiwan and Singapore airports.
The Coca-Cola Co has insisted that its products are safe to drink despite a ban in Taiwan on the importation of some Coke Zero ingredients.
A number of sports and soft drinks brands have been removed from supermarket shelves in Taiwan as a result of contamination with a banned chemical, according to local reports.
Burn Stewart Distillers is to distribute and promote Whyte & Mackay's flagship single malt Scotch whiskies in Taiwan.
Bros & Rudd Spirits has launched two new vintages for the Far East market.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits