Switzerland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola HBC released its Q2 and H1 results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
A legal ruling in Switzerland against absinthe producers in the country has been welcomed by the owner of the French La Fée absinthe brand.
Coca-Cola HBC has seen a slower fall in Q2 volumes contribute to a lift in profits in its half-year, although 2014 looks set to be a difficult year for the company.
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a 6% rise in first-half sales, on an organic basis, helped by growth in emerging markets.
Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) is to delist from the New York Stock Exchange because of low trading volumes.
Travel Retail operator Dufry has agreed a deal to acquire its rival The Nuance Group for CHF1.55bn (US$1.73bn).
Tetra Pak has acquired plant engineering company Miteco for an undisclosed fee.
Coca-Cola HBC has posted a solid set of full-year results after a comparably strong Q4 gave the bottler optimism for the year ahead.
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a slight rise in nine-month sales as its Latin America and Asia regions performed strongly, Europe improved and North America held steady.
Plans for a minimum unit price in Switzerland have been rejected by the country's National Council.
Nestlé Waters has posted a rise in first-half sales but operating profits remained flat despite emerging market growth.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote