Switzerland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola HBC released its Q2 and H1 results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
A legal ruling in Switzerland against absinthe producers in the country has been welcomed by the owner of the French La Fée absinthe brand.
Coca-Cola HBC has seen a slower fall in Q2 volumes contribute to a lift in profits in its half-year, although 2014 looks set to be a difficult year for the company.
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a 6% rise in first-half sales, on an organic basis, helped by growth in emerging markets.
Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) is to delist from the New York Stock Exchange because of low trading volumes.
Travel Retail operator Dufry has agreed a deal to acquire its rival The Nuance Group for CHF1.55bn (US$1.73bn).
Tetra Pak has acquired plant engineering company Miteco for an undisclosed fee.
Coca-Cola HBC has posted a solid set of full-year results after a comparably strong Q4 gave the bottler optimism for the year ahead.
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a slight rise in nine-month sales as its Latin America and Asia regions performed strongly, Europe improved and North America held steady.
Plans for a minimum unit price in Switzerland have been rejected by the country's National Council.
Nestlé Waters has posted a rise in first-half sales but operating profits remained flat despite emerging market growth.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits