Sweden: Latest beverage news & analysis
The second conference on alcohol-related harm convened by the Swedish Presidency of the EU included a large representation of NGOs opposed to self-regulation as a way of tackling alcohol-related harm. Ben Cooper asked representatives of the two industry bodies invited to speak whether they received a fair hearing.
Purity Vodka and Pernod Ricard-owned The Absolut Company have settled their legal differences following disputes over marketing claims and trademarks in the US and Sweden.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said Sweden will be the second European country to roll out the stevia-sweetened Coca-Cola Life.
Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg have lifted the curtain on a new joint brewery in Sweden.
Brand development group Rok Star has secured Swedish distribution for its recently-launched Irish whiskey brand, Uisce Beatha.
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in the export market because of a lack of spending power.
Pernod Ricard has appointed a replacement for the recently-departed director for Global Travel Retail at its The Absolut Co unit.
Mackmyra Svensk Whisky's Mackmyra Midvinter
Brooklyn Brewery is teaming up with Carlsberg to build a brewery in Sweden - the US firm's largest export market.
Carlsberg Sweden is making a move into craft beer with the launch of a new "craft-style lager" - the first brew to come from its Backyard Brewery concept.
Altia has signed a deal to acquire Xanté Co from the Swedish Tilander family.
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research