Sweden: Latest beverage news & analysis
Sweden's off-premise channel is dominated by state-owned retailer Systembolaget. With hundreds of outlets across the country, Systembolaget is the exclusive seller of all alcohol above 3.5% abv in Sweden.
The second conference on alcohol-related harm convened by the Swedish Presidency of the EU included a large representation of NGOs opposed to self-regulation as a way of tackling alcohol-related harm. Ben Cooper asked representatives of the two industry bodies invited to speak whether they received a fair hearing.
Carlsberg's Swedish unit has replaced its non-alcoholic beer in the market with an organic variant.
Box Distillery has released its first single malt whisky into the Swedish spirits company’s domestic market. Dálvve means ‘winter’ in the dialect of the Nordic Sami people.
Altia will partner a contract manufacturer in Sweden to produce its range of aquavits.
Sweden's Box Distillery has launched its first bottling for the European market, in partnership with La Maison du Whisky in Paris.
Swedish distiller Smögen Whisky has released the second batch of its Strane London dry gin in the UK, with an abv of 76%.
Purity Vodka and Pernod Ricard-owned The Absolut Company have settled their legal differences following disputes over marketing claims and trademarks in the US and Sweden.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said Sweden will be the second European country to roll out the stevia-sweetened Coca-Cola Life.
Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg have lifted the curtain on a new joint brewery in Sweden.
Brand development group Rok Star has secured Swedish distribution for its recently-launched Irish whiskey brand, Uisce Beatha.
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in the export market because of a lack of spending power.
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends