Sweden: Latest beverage news & analysis
The second conference on alcohol-related harm convened by the Swedish Presidency of the EU included a large representation of NGOs opposed to self-regulation as a way of tackling alcohol-related harm. Ben Cooper asked representatives of the two industry bodies invited to speak whether they received a fair hearing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said Sweden will be the second European country to roll out the stevia-sweetened Coca-Cola Life.
Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg have lifted the curtain on a new joint brewery in Sweden.
Brand development group Rok Star has secured Swedish distribution for its recently-launched Irish whiskey brand, Uisce Beatha.
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in the export market because of a lack of spending power.
Pernod Ricard has appointed a replacement for the recently-departed director for Global Travel Retail at its The Absolut Co unit.
Mackmyra Svensk Whisky's Mackmyra Midvinter
Brooklyn Brewery is teaming up with Carlsberg to build a brewery in Sweden - the US firm's largest export market.
Carlsberg Sweden is making a move into craft beer with the launch of a new "craft-style lager" - the first brew to come from its Backyard Brewery concept.
Altia has signed a deal to acquire Xanté Co from the Swedish Tilander family.
The owners of Skånemejerier have given the company the green light to finalise talks to sell the business to French dairy and juice firm Lactalis.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk