Spain: Latest beverage news & analysis
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky.
Kicking off just-drinks’ 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers.
Reform of EU wine policy has long been viewed as a necessity, but may be closer to becoming a reality, judging by recent remarks from agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel. A timetable for reform is now in place, beginning with the publication of a Commission policy paper on the subject next month. Alan Osborn reports.
Spanish orange grower Naranjas Che has launched an organic alcoholic wine made from oranges.
Groupe Danone has opened its first branded airport outlet for its Evian bottled water brand at Madrid Barajas airport in partnership with Spanish Travel Retail firm Arèas.
Russian Standard has agreed a new distribution deal for its namesake vodka in Spain.
Emperador Inc's Spanish unit has agreed to buy 230 hectares of vineyard in Toledo as the Philippine company looks to up its global brandy reach.
A Spanish court has annulled restructuring plans by Coca-Cola Iberian Partners' (CCIP), which involved the closure of four of its plants and the laying-off of 1,190 staff.
Consejo Regulador del Cava has proposed the introduction of a further classification for Cava producers.
Spanish brewer Mahou-San Miguel has taken full control of its Indian joint-venture Arian Breweries & Distilleries for an undisclosed sum.
Diageo has entered the Scotch-based “spirit drink” category with the launch of a honey-flavoured whisky under its J&B brand.
Miguel Torres has switched importers in the US.
Spanish wine makers have been urged to improve efforts to reach non-EU markets as Europe struggles with oversupply.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018