Slovenia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Pivovarna Lasko is poised to welcome a new majority owner, with the auction process for over half of the Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer entering the home straight.
Heineken has confirmed that it has registered an interest in acquiring Slovenia-based brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Laško.
Slovenia has scrapped a proposed tax on soft drinks that business leaders claimed would have been an “additional burden” on the economy, according to a report.
Pivovarna Laško, a Slovenia-based brewer and soft drinks producer, has confirmed it remains up for sale and is looking for the buyer to spend at least EUR75m (US$96m) on the business.
Lasko Group, the parent company of Slovenia's Pivovarna Lasko brewer, has sold a 57.6% stake in Kosovo-based Birra Peja.
Pivovarna Lasko has begun a search for a strategic investor willing to inject at least EUR75m (US$102.1m) of fresh capital into the company.
Slovenia's Competition Protection Office has lifted a decision to ban Pivovarna Lasko from disposing of its stake in Mercator, according to reports.
Pivovarna Lasko has received shareholder support for the sale of its Fructal juice business to Serbia-based Nectar.
Pivovarna Lasko has agreed to sell its Fructal fruit juice business to Serbia-based Nectar for EUR35.3m (US$51.3m).
Slovenian beverage producer Pivovarna Lasko has stopped the sale of its 12.3% stake in food retailer Mercator.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014