Slovakia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Several smaller-scale brewers in Slovakia have formed a trade body to counter what they feel is the growing dominance of Heineken and SABMiller in the country.
Two major bottled water producers in the Slovak Republic, Budis and Zlatá Studna, have merged in one of the biggest deals in the history of the country’s soft drinks market.
Per capita beer consumption in Slovakia fell by 10% last year, according to figures released this month.
Fraser & Neave Holdings is to explore new export markets for its soft drinks and strengthen its presence in Indochina's canned milked market.
Beer industry leaders in Slovakia have warned that jobs and breweries are at risk from the Government plan to increase excise tax on beer by 50%.
Crown Holdings is to increase the production capacity at its beverage can plant in Slovakia.
SABMiller is to close its Pivovary Topvar brewery in Slovakia due to falling demand for beer.
Slovakia has not violated the rights of SPI Group to the Stolichnaya vodka trademark, the country’s Constitutional Court has ruled.
Coca-Cola Beverages Slovakia has upped production of its Bonaqua spring water, according to reports.
Beer sales in Slovakia slid last year, according to recent figures.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research