Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
C&C Group is rolling out a variant of its Tennent's lager brand containing single malt Scotch whisky to Asia.
Messe Düsseldorf, the German group behind ProWein, is launching a new biennial wine and spirits event in Singapore in 2016.
Diageo's single grain Scotch whisky Haig Club has debuted in Travel Retail with a marketing campaign at Singapore's Changi Airport.
Edrington is to launch Snow Leopard in Vietnam and Taiwan as it continues to expand the vodka brand's Asian footprint.
Diageo has announced a change of marketing director at its Travel Retail & Middle East (GTME) division.
Heineken is hoping to turn the attention of Asia's beer consumers nearer to home in a marketing push for its Tiger beer brand.
The finance director at Heineken's Asia Pacific unit has moved to head up several of the brewer's Asian markets following the departure of its regional director for Singapore, Indochina and Exports.
Fraser and Neave (F&N) has bought a 70% stake in Malaysian canned beverage maker Yoke Food Industries for SGD21m (US$16.7m).
Carlsberg has bought a 51% stake in MayBev, the exclusive distributor for Ashai in Singapore.
Fraser & Neave has agreed to drop a clause in an agreement with Heineken that has prevented the brewer from selling soft drinks in Singapore, following a competiton probe.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research