Russian Federation: Latest beverage news & analysis
That Russia's beer market has turned from a roaring bear into a whimpering bunny is not news any more. The country's economic downturn, coupled with government action against alcohol retailing and advertising, has been the norm for the better part of around three years now.
Carlsberg's CFO has said the company is “a little more negative” on Russia's consumers after continued problems in the country forced a full-year forecast downgrade.
The CFO of Brown-Forman has offered hope to Russia's alcohol market, claiming that the company is "doing pretty well" in the challenging country.
That, in just the space of two days, Carlsberg has announced both a pay freeze and the closure of two Russian breweries, speaks volumes about the seriousness of the situation in its Eastern European stronghold.
It was more of the same for Carlsberg in its YTD results release yesterday as weakness in Eastern Europe continued to damage the bottom line.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser is posting double-digit sales growth in Russia, according to a report.
Bacardi has signed a deal with Russian spirits producer Synergy to bottle its William Lawson's blended Scotch whisky in Moscow.
Carlsberg has said it will stay in Russia despite the country’s declining beer market as the brewer outlined a new strategy to revitalise its business.
Russian spirits exports dropped by two-fifths last year, according to a report.
Whisk(e)y imports to Russia dropped by almost a quarter last year as alcohol shipments posted record declines in the struggling market, according to local reports.
Russian Standard owner Roust is to take over Russian distribution and marketing of Les Grands Chais de France's JP Chenet wine brands.
Russia is to destroy seized illegal alcohol in a bid to stamp out a growing counterfeit market, a report has said.
Diageo has signed a distribution agreement in Russia with Alcohol Siberian Group for its J&B Scotch whisky brand.
Brewers in Russia are to scrap their 1.5-litre PET bottle lines despite warning the move will drive consumers to illegal alcohol.
Roust Inc, the owner of Russian Standard vodka, is to take over distribution of Casa Cuervo's Bushmills Irish Whiskey in Russia.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends