Romania: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Romanian wine industry is at the start of its own revolution. Families who previously struggled to get their properties back following Communist-era ownership are recovering, and funds from the European Union, given in 2009 for the replanting of vines, are starting to bear fruit. The industry, which stands at 243,000 hectares at the last count, is now in a position to move forward.
The Romanian Government has announced plans to lower the excise rate on spirits in the country by 30% from the start of next year, according to trade organisation SpiritsEurope.
Romanian winery Cramele Recas is to invest EUR2m (US$2.24m) in a bottling line to double its capacity to 20m bottles per year.
SABMiller has launched new on-trade packaging for its Grolsch brand in Romania, known as 'The Jar'.
Volume beer sales in Romania fell by 3% in the first half of 2013, according to local reports.
Volume sales of imported wine to Romania fell by 45% year-on-year in 2013's first quarter, according to a report.
The Romanian beer market grew by 4% in the first half of the year, according to the country's national brewers association.
Bad weather in the first quarter of this year saw Romanian beer consumption drop 5% from the previous year, an industry group has said.
William Grant & Sons has confirmed a switch of distributor for three of its brands in Romania.
SABMiller has lined up the launch of its Grolsch beer brand into the Romanian market.
Industry body Romanian Winegrowers has launched a website targeted at the UK wine market.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research