Portugal: Latest beverage news & analysis
Back in September, Portuguese wine producer Esporao celebrated its 40th anniversary. But, while the Alentejo-based firm is proud of its history, the company is transforming itself into a progressive operation, thanks to its CEO, Joao Roquette. just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, visited Esporao's vineyards to talk wine, revolution and jazz with the company chief.
Synthetic corks and screw-caps may have once been frowned upon by wine cognoscenti, but no longer, and the growing popularity of alternative closures has put the natural cork industry under pressure. In this month’s just-drinks interview, Antonio Amorim, president of the world’s largest natural cork producer Amorim & Irmaos, puts the case for cork.
Portuguese soft drinks maker Sumol + Compal has unveiled new packaging for its Sumol range of fruit-flavoured CSDs.
La Martiniquaise-Bardinet has added six-million litres to its Port capacity with the launch of a new Portuguese winery.
Budejovicky Budvar has claimed victory in the latest round in its Budweiser trademark row with Anheuser-Busch InBev, this time in Portugal.
Portuguese vineyard Quinta Nova has launched a new wine that combines Semillon and Moscatel Galego grapes.
Sumol+Compal has reported soaring profits in 2013, as sales rose slightly in the period.
One of the trade bodies for winemakers in Portugal's Douro valley has been told to sell off some of its stockpiled wine in order to pay off its debts.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has claimed a new victory in its long-running trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch InBev after a Lisbon court granted it exclusive rights to the Budweiser name in Portugal.
Sales of Madeira fortified wines in value terms hit their highest level last year since 2001, despite a slide in volumes, according to recent figures.
Portuguese wine trade body Viniportugal has expanded the number of markets that it will focus on for its members to include Japan and Singapore.
Budejovicky Budvar says it expects to see its sale rise in Portugal after claiming victory in its latest trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends