Peru: Latest beverage news & analysis
Latin American cola producer Grupo Aje is to consider an initial public offering (IPO) this year, according to reports.
Exports of Peru's quintessential grape brandy, pisco sour, surged 152% during the first five months of 2010.
SABMiller will launch Miller Genuine Draft in Peru, marking the beer brand's first appearance in South America.
Foreign interest in pisco, the Peruvian grape-based brandy, has prompted authorities to launch a distance learning degree for the spirit drink.
Peruvian drinks group Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston (Backus) has reported a 40% drop in third-quarter profits to PEN81.3m (US$27m).
Peruvian wine exports have leapt in the first eight months of this year, according to recent figures.
Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston has commenced its investment across Peru for 2007 and 2008.
Ajegroup is looking to enter its domestic beer market, according to reports.
Global brewer SABMiller has announced it is making simultaneous tender offers on the Lima Stock Exchange for all shares it does not already own in its listed Peruvian subsidiaries, and said the offers will close by 6 December 2006.
Backus and Johnston is to upgrade its operations in Peru.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk