Other: Latest beverage news & analysis
Is Carlos Brito's job in danger?
Late yesterday, Chilean wine company Concha y Toro reported a healthy boost in sales and profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand, in the three months to the end of June.
It's seven o'clock in the morning, and the gathering crowd already boasts a few dozen hardy souls. By the time sales actually commence in a few hours, there will be many times that number standing patiently in a line that will snake from the door down the block and likely around the corner. Welcome to the world of one-off beers.
Observational epidemiologic studies relating alcohol consumption to health and disease have been remarkably consistent over many decades: light to moderate alcohol intake is related to improved cardiovascular health and less diabetes, while heavy intake and binge drinking relate primarily to adverse cardiovascular and other disease outcomes.
Last month, just-drinks deputy editor Lucy Britner visited Brauerei C&A Veltins in Meschede-Grevenstein, Germany. The family-owned company used the visit to announce marketing activity to mark 500 years of Germany's purity law, the Reinheitsgebot. While there, Lucy sat down with export manager Udo Bruns and UK agent Steve Holt to discuss the role the law plays in today's 'craft culture', the rise of no- and low-alcohol offerings in Germany and why Veltins is only brewed in one place.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to start cutting 5,500 jobs from its combined global workforce once it completes its takeover of SABMiller.
Concha y Toro has hailed a strong first half of 2016 as it toasts success across the board.
Beam Suntory is to launch a ten-year-old Bowmore single malt exclusively into European and Asia-Pacific Travel Retail.
Walsh Whiskey Distillery's Writers Tears Red Head Single Malt
South African packaged wine exports are surging in value despite volumes declines, suggesting that consumers are spending more on premium lines, new figures show.
The Roust Group has unveiled new packaging for its Zubrówka vodka brand that uses a 3D window effect to improve shelf standout.
SABMiller’s shareholders will be split into two camps to vote next month on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s proposed takeover.
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife.
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages