Latest beverage news & analysis in North America
Much as Brown-Forman would not be drawn on reports last week that its Southern Comfort whiskey liqueur has been put up for sale, the brand's...
Constellation Brands will announce its half-year and second-quarter results on Wednesday (7 October)....
Last week, an email dropped into the inbox of Hannes Spangenberg, brand manager for South African winery Excelsior. It was from his US impor...
Heineken has roared out of the craft beer blocks with news yesterday it was taking a 50% stake in Lagunitas Brewing Co....
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
The US arm of SPI Group has secured “master distributor” status for the Bayou Rum portfolio in the country, with international expansion also likely in the future.
The US spirits trade has welcomed the conclusion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal this week.
Diageo claims to be the first alcohol company to include a serving facts panel on its spirits packaging in the US.
Connecticut-based marketing and sales firm Blackheath Beverage Group has expanded its business to include the development of wine and spirit brands.
PepsiCo has upped its full-year EPS forecast, after reporting a lift in both group and North America Beverages sales in the first nine months of its fiscal year.
US distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America has created a national director of education role for its Beam Suntory portfolio.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research