Latest beverage news & analysis in North America
Sunday's Super Bowl is fast approaching, which back in the pre-YouTube days meant growing excitement over the TV cast's ads. These days, how...
US spirits trade organisation the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) held its annual spirits briefing in New York yesterday. Here, just-drin...
A shift towards fuller-flavoured spirits should drive continued growth in imported and craft beer in the US, an analyst has said....
Many saw it coming almost four months ago, but yesterday's announcement of Brown-Forman's decision to divest Southern Comfort is part of a s...
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
Pepsico has hailed the performance of its North America Beverages unit.
MillerCoors has seen the latter part of 2015 pull on its full-year bottom line, with one-offs in the fourth quarter hitting profits.
Brown-Forman has announced plans to build two new barrel houses and modify bottling facilities at its Jack Daniel's distillery, in an investment worth US$140m.
Kona Deep has confirmed plans to roll out its namesake bottled water brand in the US.
Jägermeister has partnered with Live Nation in the US to sponsor a series of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) festivals in the country, in a bid to build brand loyalty among target consumers.
Heineken has signalled plans to roll out Californian craft beer Lagunitas beyond its US heartland, this year.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research