Latest beverage news & analysis in North America
Sunday's Super Bowl is fast approaching, which back in the pre-YouTube days meant growing excitement over the TV cast's ads. These days, how...
US spirits trade organisation the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) held its annual spirits briefing in New York yesterday. Here, just-drin...
A shift towards fuller-flavoured spirits should drive continued growth in imported and craft beer in the US, an analyst has said....
Many saw it coming almost four months ago, but yesterday's announcement of Brown-Forman's decision to divest Southern Comfort is part of a s...
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
Brown-Forman is set to take advantage of the rising popularity of rye whiskey, with the launch of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Rye.
Michter's Distillery in Kentucky has released a ten-year-old Kentucky Straight Rye.
The Coca-Cola Co has announced plans to re-franchise 100% of its North America bottling territories by the end of 2017, including all cold-fill production facilities.
Terlato Wines confirmed yesterday that current president Chris Lynch will move up to become chief development officer at the unit's holding company, Terlato Wine Group.
Foley Family Wines has purchased Diageo's Chalone Estate vineyards and Gavilan brands in California, marking Diageo's exit from wine in the US.
William Grant & Sons has appointed three executives to manage its US regions and channels, in a move that sees the "evolution" of the spirits group's commercial structure in the country.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research