Latest beverage news & analysis in North America
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed pur...
Late last week, Boston Beer Co turned in a disappointing set of first-quarter numbers. Net profits plummeted 49% while sales and volumes in...
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev bought another US craft brewer, Devils Backbone....
For the multinational spirits companies, the US is a market of vital importance. As well as being the world's largest market for spirits in...
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has added a ready-to-drink coffee and a purified water to its portfolio of partner brands, as it looks to keep apace with consumer trends.
Coca-Cola Co has added two flavours to its Dasani Sparkling flavours range. Raspberry Lemonade and Tropical Pineapple join Lime, Berry, Black Cherry and Lemon.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is rolling out slimline cans across its key CSD brands in the US.
The Coca-Cola Co has said it has again listened to consumer demand as it brings back the 1980s fruit juice-flavoured drink Hi-C Ecto Cooler.
The American Craft Spirits Association (ACSA) has appointed FEW Spirits founder Paul Hletko to the role of president of its board of directors.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends