Nigeria: Latest beverage news & analysis
We'd almost packed up for the week on Friday when Heineken announced plans to merge the two Nigerian breweries in which it has majority stakes.
Nigeria proved a welcome ray of light for Heineken in its first-quarter results yesterday (24 April).
Heineken has signalled its intent to merge its Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries.
SABMiller has started work on tripling production capacity at one of its Nigerian breweries as part of a US$110m investment.
Pernod Ricard has said it wants to build a stronger network in Nigeria after farming out distribution rights in the country in a seven-year deal.
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed a new MD to lead its Nigerian unit.
SABMiller has opened a US$100m brewery in Nigeria as it looks to boost its presence in the country's competitive beer market.
Nigerian Bottling Co's shareholders have backed a EUR94m (US$136m) bid by Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co to acquire all outstanding shares in the company.
Diageo is set to intensify competition between brewers in Nigeria after announcing that it will spend GBP225m (US$366.6m) to increase brewing capacity in the country.
SABMiller is looking to up its presence in the Heineken-dominated Nigerian beer market, with the construction of a new brewery in the country.
Heineken has boosted its already-dominant position in Nigeria with the purchase of five breweries in the country.
Diageo's Guinness Nigeria subsidiary has reported a strong rise in sales for its fiscal full-year, despite lower demand for the firm's flagship Guinness beer.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia