New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a global packaging update for its New Zealand wine brand, Brancott Estate.
New Zealand’s wine industry grew its exports last year by 10%, according to recent figures, with a similar increase forecast for 2017.
New Zealand wine group Family of Twelve has appointed Judy Finn to the role of chairperson.
Yealands Family Wines has added a further 266 hectares to what is already New Zealand’s largest vineyard.
Marlborough Wine Estates Group has joined the likes of Delegat’s and Foley Family Wines in securing a listing on the New Zealand stock exchange.
New Zealand's wine grape harvest has rebounded from last year's slump, up 34%, according to the country's wine trade body.
New Zealand wine company Saint Clair Family Estate has acquired Lake Chalice in the Marlborough area of the country.
Kirin's Lion New Zealand unit has agreed to acquire craft brewer Panhead Custom Ales.
New Zealand's Yealands Wine Group has rolled out an app that allows consumers to take a self-guided tour of its vineyards.
C&C Group has extended its two-year-old distribution deal with Coca-Cola Amatil New Zealand for its Magners and Tennent's brands.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends