New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
Yealands Family Wines has added a further 266 hectares to what is already New Zealand’s largest vineyard.
Marlborough Wine Estates Group has joined the likes of Delegat’s and Foley Family Wines in securing a listing on the New Zealand stock exchange.
New Zealand's wine grape harvest has rebounded from last year's slump, up 34%, according to the country's wine trade body.
New Zealand wine company Saint Clair Family Estate has acquired Lake Chalice in the Marlborough area of the country.
Kirin's Lion New Zealand unit has agreed to acquire craft brewer Panhead Custom Ales.
New Zealand's Yealands Wine Group has rolled out an app that allows consumers to take a self-guided tour of its vineyards.
C&C Group has extended its two-year-old distribution deal with Coca-Cola Amatil New Zealand for its Magners and Tennent's brands.
New Zealand winemaker Peter Yealands has warned that Marlborough could run out of vineyard space in the next few years, kickstarting a move into the region's hard hillside terrain.
A big jump in US sales pushed New Zealand wine exports to a record high last year, new figures have shown.
Constellation Brands has confirmed plans to expand one of its wineries in New Zealand in order to meet increasing demand for Sauvignon Blanc.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends