New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
A New Zealand winery has again teamed up with Graham Norton to launch the talk show host's second branded vintage.
The US has leapfrogged Australia to become New Zealand's biggest export market by value, new figures have shown.
New Zealand winery Yealands has spent a year putting together a live feed from its vineyards, in a NZD100,000 (US$67,000) digital campaign.
Yealands Wine Group has stepped back from launching an IPO, preferring instead to sell an 80% stake to electricity network owner and operator Marlborough Lines.
The trade association for New Zealand's wine producers has warned of a shortage from this year's harvest.
Casella Family Brands has appointed an exclusive importer for Peter Lehmann Wines in New Zealand.
Yealands Wine Group has launched a review that could see the New Zealand wine company launch an IPO to secure funds for growth.
New laws on drink-driving have come into force in New Zealand.
Asahi Group is to receive NZD220m (US$175m) in compensation after settling a legal dispute with the former owners of its New Zealand unit, Independent Liquor (IL).
Thomson Whisky has started production of Manuka Smoke Whisky, which the company believes will be the world’s first Manuka smoked whisky.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research