New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
Yealands Wine Group has launched a review that could see the New Zealand wine company launch an IPO to secure funds for growth.
New laws on drink-driving have come into force in New Zealand.
Asahi Group is to receive NZD220m (US$175m) in compensation after settling a legal dispute with the former owners of its New Zealand unit, Independent Liquor (IL).
Thomson Whisky has started production of Manuka Smoke Whisky, which the company believes will be the world’s first Manuka smoked whisky.
New Zealand has boosted its wine exports in the 12 months to the end of June, as strong demand in the US and Western Europe outpaced declines in Asia, new figures have shown.
Foley Family Wines (FFW) has acquired New Zealand gin brand Lighthouse from Greytown Fine Distillates (GFD) for an undisclosed sum.
New Zealand’s wine grape harvest has risen 29% on last year as all regions saw “very favourable” growing conditions, the industry's trade body has said.
New Zealand wine maker Little Beauty is to sponsor the country's equestrian team through to the 2016 Olympics.
Export sales of New Zealand wine have risen by 9% in the last 12 months, according to latest figures.
Accolade Wines has completed its purchase of a range of New Zealand wine brands from Mud House Wine Group.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review