New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
New Zealand winery Yealands has spent a year putting together a live feed from its vineyards, in a NZD100,000 (US$67,000) digital campaign.
Yealands Wine Group has stepped back from launching an IPO, preferring instead to sell an 80% stake to electricity network owner and operator Marlborough Lines.
The trade association for New Zealand's wine producers has warned of a shortage from this year's harvest.
Casella Family Brands has appointed an exclusive importer for Peter Lehmann Wines in New Zealand.
Yealands Wine Group has launched a review that could see the New Zealand wine company launch an IPO to secure funds for growth.
New laws on drink-driving have come into force in New Zealand.
Asahi Group is to receive NZD220m (US$175m) in compensation after settling a legal dispute with the former owners of its New Zealand unit, Independent Liquor (IL).
Thomson Whisky has started production of Manuka Smoke Whisky, which the company believes will be the world’s first Manuka smoked whisky.
New Zealand has boosted its wine exports in the 12 months to the end of June, as strong demand in the US and Western Europe outpaced declines in Asia, new figures have shown.
Foley Family Wines (FFW) has acquired New Zealand gin brand Lighthouse from Greytown Fine Distillates (GFD) for an undisclosed sum.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research