New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
New Zealand's wine grape harvest has rebounded from last year's slump, up 34%, according to the country's wine trade body.
New Zealand wine company Saint Clair Family Estate has acquired Lake Chalice in the Marlborough area of the country.
Kirin's Lion New Zealand unit has agreed to acquire craft brewer Panhead Custom Ales.
New Zealand's Yealands Wine Group has rolled out an app that allows consumers to take a self-guided tour of its vineyards.
C&C Group has extended its two-year-old distribution deal with Coca-Cola Amatil New Zealand for its Magners and Tennent's brands.
New Zealand winemaker Peter Yealands has warned that Marlborough could run out of vineyard space in the next few years, kickstarting a move into the region's hard hillside terrain.
A big jump in US sales pushed New Zealand wine exports to a record high last year, new figures have shown.
Constellation Brands has confirmed plans to expand one of its wineries in New Zealand in order to meet increasing demand for Sauvignon Blanc.
New Zealand’s wine industry could benefit from a new Free Trade Agreement with the European Union, with preparatory talks now under way.
A New Zealand winery has again teamed up with Graham Norton to launch the talk show host's second branded vintage.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends