New Zealand: Latest beverage news & analysis
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
Late last week, New Zealand Winegrowers released details of this year's wine harvest in the country. Here's a closer look at some of the numbers.
Pernod Ricard has been shunting Lindauer towards the exit door for some time, so a move to Lion Nathan and Indevin should not be surprising.
A raft of measures aimed at combating alcohol abuse was unveiled by the New Zealand government on Monday (23 August). While industry representatives have broadly welcomed the reforms, Ben Cooper writes, public health campaigners have criticised the Government for not going far enough.
Bumper harvests have yielded a nervy two years for New Zealand's wine industry, but the head of the country's wine trade body believes that producers could turn the corner over the next 12 months.
Kirin's Australasian subsidiary, Lion, has said its decision to use disgraced former cyclist Lance Armstrong in a marketing campaign was to "highlight that actions have consequences".
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has doubled its juice manufacturing capacity in New Zealand with the opening of a new NZD50m (US$36.4m) plant.
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a global packaging update for its New Zealand wine brand, Brancott Estate.
New Zealand’s wine industry grew its exports last year by 10%, according to recent figures, with a similar increase forecast for 2017.
New Zealand wine group Family of Twelve has appointed Judy Finn to the role of chairperson.
Yealands Family Wines has added a further 266 hectares to what is already New Zealand’s largest vineyard.
Marlborough Wine Estates Group has joined the likes of Delegat’s and Foley Family Wines in securing a listing on the New Zealand stock exchange.
New Zealand's wine grape harvest has rebounded from last year's slump, up 34%, according to the country's wine trade body.
New Zealand wine company Saint Clair Family Estate has acquired Lake Chalice in the Marlborough area of the country.
Kirin's Lion New Zealand unit has agreed to acquire craft brewer Panhead Custom Ales.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits