Netherlands: Latest beverage news & analysis
Yesterday, Heineken released a strong set of Q3 numbers and the consensus from analysts seems to be: We knew it would be good, but not this good.
Earlier today, Heineken reported an 8% increase in Q3 sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region in the three months to the end of September:
On Wednesday, Heineken will report its third-quarter numbers. Here, just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to the end of September:
Heineken’s “solid progress” during the first quarter – to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer – could be checked temporarily over the next three months.
On Wednesday, Heineken will report its first-quarter numbers. Here, just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to the end of March:
The Dutch unit of Heineken has launched an app designed to encourage off-premise consumers in the country to buy a Heineken in the on-premise.
Lucas Bols, De Kuyper Royal Distillers and Herman Jansen have agreed the carve-up of drinks producer Distilleerderij Cooymans and the wine operations of Delcave/NCK.
Heineken has resolved a dispute with a Dutch supermarket chain over accusations that the brewer was withholding deliveries.
A Dutch supermarket has accused Heineken of failing to deliver enough of the brewer's products because the retailer's prices are too low.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Lucas Bols has confirmed the departure of a board member after he was linked by a Dutch newspaper this week with the so-called 'Panama Papers' documents leak.
Camus is to switch its distributor in the Netherlands in a bid to boost sales in the country next year.
Heineken has pulled in a further EUR460m (US$487m) from a note placement, three months after raising EUR500m from a separate note tranche.
Lucas Bols has blamed Australia and South-East Asia for pulling down its sales in the first half of its current fiscal year, although North America performed well in the period.
Roust, the owner of Russian Standard vodka, has appointed a new distributor in the Netherlands.
Heineken is about to have the most dramatic moment in its history given the Hollywood blockbuster treatment.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends