Myanmar: Latest beverage news & analysis
A Myanmar conglomerate has won a legal battle to wrest control of a brewing joint venture from Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Ball Corporation is to invest US$40m building a beverage can plant in Myanmar as global soft drink makers and brewers flock to the recently-opened market.
South Korea's Lotte Chilsung has invested US$81m to set up a JV in Myanmar with local company MGS Beverage, according to a report.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung.
Fraser & Neave has revealed that its joint-venture partner in Myanmar Brewery, Myanmar Economic Holdings (MEH), plans to start arbitration proceedings over its stake in the brewery.
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks it will complete its Myanmar brewery before the end of next year.
The Coca-Cola Company has started bottling its products in Myanmar for the first time in more than 60 years.
Fraser & Neave will continue to operate Heineken's Tiger brand in Myanmar for at least five years despite the Dutch brewer launching a JV in the country.
Heineken is to build a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a new joint-venture in the country.
Carlsberg is to follow PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Co into Myanmar after it formed a joint venture with a local brewery.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets