Myanmar: Latest beverage news & analysis
A Myanmar conglomerate has won a legal battle to wrest control of a brewing joint venture from Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Ball Corporation is to invest US$40m building a beverage can plant in Myanmar as global soft drink makers and brewers flock to the recently-opened market.
South Korea's Lotte Chilsung has invested US$81m to set up a JV in Myanmar with local company MGS Beverage, according to a report.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung.
Fraser & Neave has revealed that its joint-venture partner in Myanmar Brewery, Myanmar Economic Holdings (MEH), plans to start arbitration proceedings over its stake in the brewery.
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks it will complete its Myanmar brewery before the end of next year.
The Coca-Cola Company has started bottling its products in Myanmar for the first time in more than 60 years.
Fraser & Neave will continue to operate Heineken's Tiger brand in Myanmar for at least five years despite the Dutch brewer launching a JV in the country.
Heineken is to build a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a new joint-venture in the country.
Carlsberg is to follow PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Co into Myanmar after it formed a joint venture with a local brewery.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review