Moldova: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Union is looking to remove the duty from all wines imported from Moldova, as the Eastern European country struggles with a ban on exports to Russia.
European trade barriers against wine from Moldova could be dropped sooner than expected under European Commission (EC) proposals.
Coca-Cola HBC has appointed a new boss to oversee its operations in Moldova.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co is to begin production in Moldova this spring, the firm told just-drinks today (8 April).
Moldovan wine and spirits producers are celebrating a partial lifting of an 18-month ban on their products entering Russia, but the embargo has forced their industry upmarket to survive in alternative western markets.
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum.
The Moldovan government is looking to sell its stake in local winery Vinuri Ialoveni.
Moldova is targeting the resumption of wine sales in Russia at a meeting later this week.
A senior Moldovan government minister has insisted that Russia’s ban on wine imports from Moldova is politically motivated and has nothing to do with the quality of the country’s wine.
Russia has halted imports of Moldovan wine over doubts about its quality, according to reports in Moldova.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future