Moldova: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Union is looking to remove the duty from all wines imported from Moldova, as the Eastern European country struggles with a ban on exports to Russia.
European trade barriers against wine from Moldova could be dropped sooner than expected under European Commission (EC) proposals.
Coca-Cola HBC has appointed a new boss to oversee its operations in Moldova.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co is to begin production in Moldova this spring, the firm told just-drinks today (8 April).
Moldovan wine and spirits producers are celebrating a partial lifting of an 18-month ban on their products entering Russia, but the embargo has forced their industry upmarket to survive in alternative western markets.
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum.
The Moldovan government is looking to sell its stake in local winery Vinuri Ialoveni.
Moldova is targeting the resumption of wine sales in Russia at a meeting later this week.
A senior Moldovan government minister has insisted that Russia’s ban on wine imports from Moldova is politically motivated and has nothing to do with the quality of the country’s wine.
Russia has halted imports of Moldovan wine over doubts about its quality, according to reports in Moldova.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group