Moldova: Latest beverage news & analysis
Coca-Cola HBC is to close its bottling plant in Moldova and import products from next-door Romania and Ukraine.
The European Union is looking to remove the duty from all wines imported from Moldova, as the Eastern European country struggles with a ban on exports to Russia.
European trade barriers against wine from Moldova could be dropped sooner than expected under European Commission (EC) proposals.
Coca-Cola HBC has appointed a new boss to oversee its operations in Moldova.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co is to begin production in Moldova this spring, the firm told just-drinks today (8 April).
Moldovan wine and spirits producers are celebrating a partial lifting of an 18-month ban on their products entering Russia, but the embargo has forced their industry upmarket to survive in alternative western markets.
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum.
The Moldovan government is looking to sell its stake in local winery Vinuri Ialoveni.
Moldova is targeting the resumption of wine sales in Russia at a meeting later this week.
A senior Moldovan government minister has insisted that Russia’s ban on wine imports from Moldova is politically motivated and has nothing to do with the quality of the country’s wine.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends