Moldova: Latest beverage news & analysis
The European Union is looking to remove the duty from all wines imported from Moldova, as the Eastern European country struggles with a ban on exports to Russia.
European trade barriers against wine from Moldova could be dropped sooner than expected under European Commission (EC) proposals.
Coca-Cola HBC has appointed a new boss to oversee its operations in Moldova.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co is to begin production in Moldova this spring, the firm told just-drinks today (8 April).
Moldovan wine and spirits producers are celebrating a partial lifting of an 18-month ban on their products entering Russia, but the embargo has forced their industry upmarket to survive in alternative western markets.
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum.
The Moldovan government is looking to sell its stake in local winery Vinuri Ialoveni.
Moldova is targeting the resumption of wine sales in Russia at a meeting later this week.
A senior Moldovan government minister has insisted that Russia’s ban on wine imports from Moldova is politically motivated and has nothing to do with the quality of the country’s wine.
Russia has halted imports of Moldovan wine over doubts about its quality, according to reports in Moldova.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory