Mexico: Latest beverage news & analysis
Constellation Brands' beer business seems to have given analysts plenty of reasons to be cheerful, following the company’s first-half results, released yesterday.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has had to cut around 1,300 jobs as its copes with Mexico's new soda tax, but volumes are not being as badly affected as predicted, according to its CFO.
Mexico is a “good story” for Heineken as it continues to integrate FEMSA Cerveza, an analyst has said.
Coca-Cola FEMSA's CFO has said a proposed tax on sugary beverages in its domestic market of Mexico will reduce volumes and lead to job losses at the bottler's plants.
Grupo Modelo and Heineken are likely to lose “modest” volumes to craft brewers in Mexico after the opening up of the country's beer market, but the two global brewers will see some “net positive”, according to an analyst.
The chief operating officer of the Coca-Cola Co has said the company's new 'One Brand' marketing strategy has helped drive sales of the company's zero calorie Coca-Cola variants in Mexico.
Arca Continental has lined up a healthy investment spend as it looks to break MXN100bn in annual sales.
Jose Cuervo has declined to comment on reports it is considering an IPO in Mexico.
Mexico's recovering consumer landscape helped drive a sales, volumes and profits increase for Coca-Cola FEMSA's fourth quarter, though net profits were down for the full year.
Arca Continental has hailed a strong 2015 as the integration of Corporacion Lindley boosted sales and profits.
Mexico's soda tax has pushed volumes in the country down by 6%, according to a new health study released two years after the duty was brought in.
Constellation Brands has confirmed its intention to construct a second brewery in Mexico, as well as to raise the capacity further at its other facility in the country.
The Mexican division of Heineken has redesigned its Carta Blanca beer brand to appeal to younger consumers in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co's Mexican unit has withdrawn a Christmas advert in the country and issued an apology.
Heaven Hill has released a limited edition reposado expression of its Lunazul Tequila brand in the US.
Before the government introduced a new sugar tax this year, Mexico's soft drinks industry was one of the world's biggest. Despite the rise, it's still pretty huge, largely because - no matter the price - Mexican's won't give up their soda.
How are things shaping up in the beer battleground that is Mexico? CNN took a closer look at one of the world's biggest beer markets, by volume, where Anheuser-Busch InBev, through Grupo Modelo, and Heineken, through its 2010 acquisition FEMSA Cerveza, are dominant.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has sold the stake in Mexican football team Santos Laguna that it inherited through its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends