Malaysia: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years.
Carlsberg has confirmed it is keeping a “heightened security presence” in place at one of its Malaysian breweries after reports that terrorists were planning an attack.
Stevia producer PureCircle has promoted one of its executives to the newly-created role of chief operating officer as its eyes global growth.
Bacardi’s B&B Liqueur
Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB) has appointed a former Heineken executive as its new managing director.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a campaign in Malaysia using what it claims is the world's largest full-colour LED wall screen.
Asahi Group Holdings has continued its moves outside of Japan, by lining up the purchase of Malaysian soft drinks firm Permanis from CI Holdings.
CI Holdings has said that the offer price made by Asahi Group Holdings for its subsidiary Permanis is too low.
Asahi Group is in talks to acquire Malaysian PepsiCo bottler Permanis, according to a report.
The Malaysian Government is to consider implementing proposals to cut the price of sugar-free beverages, according to reports.
Pernod Ricard has opened a second 'Experience Boutique' in the Asian travel retail channel for its Martell Cognac brand.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat