Malaysia: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years.
Malaysia is to raise its minimum drinking age from 18 to 21, according to a news report.
Carlsberg has confirmed it is keeping a “heightened security presence” in place at one of its Malaysian breweries after reports that terrorists were planning an attack.
Stevia producer PureCircle has promoted one of its executives to the newly-created role of chief operating officer as its eyes global growth.
Bacardi’s B&B Liqueur
Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB) has appointed a former Heineken executive as its new managing director.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a campaign in Malaysia using what it claims is the world's largest full-colour LED wall screen.
Asahi Group Holdings has continued its moves outside of Japan, by lining up the purchase of Malaysian soft drinks firm Permanis from CI Holdings.
CI Holdings has said that the offer price made by Asahi Group Holdings for its subsidiary Permanis is too low.
Asahi Group is in talks to acquire Malaysian PepsiCo bottler Permanis, according to a report.
The Malaysian Government is to consider implementing proposals to cut the price of sugar-free beverages, according to reports.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages