Malaysia: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years.
Stevia producer PureCircle has promoted one of its executives to the newly-created role of chief operating officer as its eyes global growth.
Bacardi’s B&B Liqueur
Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB) has appointed a former Heineken executive as its new managing director.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a campaign in Malaysia using what it claims is the world's largest full-colour LED wall screen.
Asahi Group Holdings has continued its moves outside of Japan, by lining up the purchase of Malaysian soft drinks firm Permanis from CI Holdings.
CI Holdings has said that the offer price made by Asahi Group Holdings for its subsidiary Permanis is too low.
Asahi Group is in talks to acquire Malaysian PepsiCo bottler Permanis, according to a report.
The Malaysian Government is to consider implementing proposals to cut the price of sugar-free beverages, according to reports.
Pernod Ricard has opened a second 'Experience Boutique' in the Asian travel retail channel for its Martell Cognac brand.
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, has reaffirmed the soft drink firm's plan to spend US$300m in Malaysia over the next five years.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire