Latest beverage news & analysis in Latin America
Wild fires hit the Chilean - and then global - headlines earlier this month. The subsequent damage to some of the country's vineyards may ha...
The Brazilian beer market may be able to claim Kirin Holdings as a victim in the coming weeks, but the likelihood of Heineken stepping in to...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
This week, Concha y Toro reported a jump in full-year sales and profits as volumes increased and currency fluctuations played in its favour....
Being based in the Cuban capital of Havana has its benefits, such as having a swimming pool in front of your office. But, for Jérôme Cottin-Bizonne, head of Havana Club International, the JV between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, there's little time to relax as the rum brand gears up for global growth. Here, the 41 year-old executive sits down with just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Heineken has successfully completed its recently-confirmed discussions with Kirin Holdings, with the European brewer set to acquire Kirin's Brazilian operations for almost half the price the Japanese firm paid in 2011.
Fires in Chile have wiped out at least 94 hectares of vineyard, mainly in the Maule Coast region, a new report from Wines of Chile has said.
Chile's wine trade body has said it is still working to assess the full extent of the damage caused by wildfires in the country but confirmed there has been "considerable damage" to old vines.
Jose Cuervo's flotation could be held as early next month, a recent report has claimed.
Heineken has confirmed that it is in "ongoing" discussions with Kirin Holdings over the possible acquisition of the Japanese group's Brazilian brewing operations.
Bacardi has lined up a global distribution deal with Venezuelan rum producer Ron Santa Teresa.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends