Latest beverage news & analysis in Latin America
With markets as varied as SABMiller's, there's always going to be a few bad eggs in quarterly results. Yesterday's first-half statement was...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has brushed off a near-flat volume performance in Brazil for Q3, with its CEO claiming it has plenty of plans to counte...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has had to cut around 1,300 jobs as its copes with Mexico's new soda tax, but volumes are not being as badly affected as pre...
The head of Coca-Cola Co has defended his company's performance in Brazil after a major World Cup sponsorship investment failed to lift Q2 v...
Earlier today (28 May), Diageo announced that it will buy the Ypióca cachaça brand in Brazil from Ypióca Agroindustrial Limitada for BRL900m (US$453.9m). As part of its press material, the company issued a short interview with the president of its Latin America and Caribbean operations, Randy Millian, in which he discussed the purchase.
This month's just the Answer sees us interview the international marketing director, Pernod Ricard's Mexico unit, Casa Pedro Domecq, Michael Kaller, and the executive director of Casa Pedro Domecq International, Olivier Fages.
SABMiller has confirmed that it has secured a distribution deal in Brazil for several of its international brands with the country's largest independent brewer, Grupo Petropolis.
Diageo has launched a store exclusively for its own brands in Colombia's main international airport.
CCU, the Chilean drinks firm, is set to launch into the Colombian beer market after signing a joint-venture deal with private conglomerate Postobón.
Last weekend, just-drinks travelled to Puerto Rico with Bacardi. While there, we were taken on a tour of the company's rum distillery - the world's largest - at Cantaño on the island.
The president of Bacardi has reiterated the company's intention to return to its native Cuba once the US embargo of the country is lifted.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a healthy lift in nine-month sales as the group continued to benefit from its acquisitions in Brazil and Mexico last year.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018