Korea, Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) was revealed in May to have had a bid for Treasury Wine Estates knocked back.
As expected, Anheuser-Busch InBev is using a call option to reclaim South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has said Red Bull's “aggressive” price cuts in South Korea won't drag his firm into a turf war, and warned its rival's discounts can't last.
Pernod Ricard has added Imperial Neon to its Imperial whisky range in Korea. The company described the whisky as "smooth".
Diageo's South Korea unit is pinning its hopes on a new spirits innovation as consumers move away from the blended Scotch whisky category.
Diageo's South Korean unit has announced a price increase for Cîroc vodka and for three of its Scotch brands.
South Koreans increased their alcohol outlay by 5% last year, the country's biggest spend for at least a decade, according to a local report.
Diageo must wait to hear how much it has to pay after settling a tax bill over Windsor Scotch whisky imports into South Korea.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed a president for its South Korea unit.
Pernod Ricard has denied it has been fined by South Korea's tax authorities, but has conceded that it paid a tax adjustment following an audit.
South Korea imported record volumes and value of beer in the first half of the year, according to local reports.
Pernod Ricard has defended its position ahead of a strike by workers at its South Korea unit, while separately a sales team restructure in the country is expected to bring job losses.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research