Korea, Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) was revealed in May to have had a bid for Treasury Wine Estates knocked back.
As expected, Anheuser-Busch InBev is using a call option to reclaim South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has said Red Bull's “aggressive” price cuts in South Korea won't drag his firm into a turf war, and warned its rival's discounts can't last.
South Korea imported record volumes and value of beer in the first half of the year, according to local reports.
Pernod Ricard has defended its position ahead of a strike by workers at its South Korea unit, while separately a sales team restructure in the country is expected to bring job losses.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed its intention to buy back Oriental Brewery in South Korea.
Scotch whisky sales in South Korea dropped last year as the country's economic problems continued to squeeze consumers, according to a report.
Russian Standard has agreed a distribution deal for its namesake vodka in South Korea.
Diageo has opened its latest Johnnie Walker House, in South Korea, as the Scotch retail “experience” moves outside of China for the first time.
Pernod Ricard has blamed a drop in sales for its blended Scotch whisky in South Korea on consumer trends towards white spirits and single malt.
Whisk(e)y sales in South Korea – including Diageo and Pernod Ricard brands - have taken a hit from the country's economic slowdown, according to reports.
Nestlé Waters has opened a US$53m factory in South Korea though its joint venture in the country, Pulmuone Waters.
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Coca-Cola Life US launch fails to ignite
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits