Korea, Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) was revealed in May to have had a bid for Treasury Wine Estates knocked back.
As expected, Anheuser-Busch InBev is using a call option to reclaim South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has said Red Bull's “aggressive” price cuts in South Korea won't drag his firm into a turf war, and warned its rival's discounts can't last.
Diageo's Korean unit has launched a 35% abv whisky-based spirit under its Windsor brand.
Pernod Ricard is aiming to revitalise its struggling South Korean unit with fresh blood as part of an employee shake-up.
Diageo will not appeal an expected KRW1.2bn (US$1m) fine from South Korean authorities over reported payments to on-trade venues.
Brooklyn Brewery has opened a craft brewery on a tropical South Korean island as it continues to partner with beer makers around the world.
Pernod Ricard has added Imperial Neon to its Imperial whisky range in Korea. The company described the whisky as "smooth".
Diageo's South Korea unit is pinning its hopes on a new spirits innovation as consumers move away from the blended Scotch whisky category.
Diageo's South Korean unit has announced a price increase for Cîroc vodka and for three of its Scotch brands.
South Koreans increased their alcohol outlay by 5% last year, the country's biggest spend for at least a decade, according to a local report.
Diageo must wait to hear how much it has to pay after settling a tax bill over Windsor Scotch whisky imports into South Korea.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed a president for its South Korea unit.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery