Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
North Korea is on the hunt for foreign investors to help fund a US$52m brewery in a new tourism development zone.
A slump in Scotch whisky sales in South Korea slowed in the first quarter of this year, with declines expected to further ease over the rest of 2014, according to a report.
The Coca-Cola Co has denied reports that it is in talks to begin selling its products in North Korea.
Diageo is not actively looking for acquisitions in the South Korean soju market, contrary to local reports, just-drinks understands.
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing.
Hite Brewery has confirmed that it will not sell the Japanese unit of its spirits unit Jinro.
Bacardi Martini has dropped its South Korean distributor and decided to go it alone in the country, just-drinks understands.
Diageo has had its import licence cancelled in South Korea. The drinks giant confirmed yesterday (26 June) that the tax authorities had made the move in light of dealing with unlicensed wholesalers in the country, and not because of tax irregularities, as was previously believed.
South Korean spirits group Jinro is considering an IPO of its Japanese unit, according to reports.
Lotte Group has released further details of its plans to build a unit in China.
Soft drinks companies are always looking for the next big thing, whether its Japanese matcha tea, maple water or super-sour energy drinks.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages