Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
A slump in Scotch whisky sales in South Korea slowed in the first quarter of this year, with declines expected to further ease over the rest of 2014, according to a report.
The Coca-Cola Co has denied reports that it is in talks to begin selling its products in North Korea.
Diageo is not actively looking for acquisitions in the South Korean soju market, contrary to local reports, just-drinks understands.
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing.
Hite Brewery has confirmed that it will not sell the Japanese unit of its spirits unit Jinro.
Bacardi Martini has dropped its South Korean distributor and decided to go it alone in the country, just-drinks understands.
Diageo has had its import licence cancelled in South Korea. The drinks giant confirmed yesterday (26 June) that the tax authorities had made the move in light of dealing with unlicensed wholesalers in the country, and not because of tax irregularities, as was previously believed.
South Korean spirits group Jinro is considering an IPO of its Japanese unit, according to reports.
Lotte Group has released further details of its plans to build a unit in China.
Diageo has remained silent on growing press speculation that it is under investigation for tax evasion in South Korea.
Soft drinks companies are always looking for the next big thing, whether its Japanese matcha tea, maple water or super-sour energy drinks.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014