Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
A slump in Scotch whisky sales in South Korea slowed in the first quarter of this year, with declines expected to further ease over the rest of 2014, according to a report.
The Coca-Cola Co has denied reports that it is in talks to begin selling its products in North Korea.
Diageo is not actively looking for acquisitions in the South Korean soju market, contrary to local reports, just-drinks understands.
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing.
Hite Brewery has confirmed that it will not sell the Japanese unit of its spirits unit Jinro.
Bacardi Martini has dropped its South Korean distributor and decided to go it alone in the country, just-drinks understands.
Diageo has had its import licence cancelled in South Korea. The drinks giant confirmed yesterday (26 June) that the tax authorities had made the move in light of dealing with unlicensed wholesalers in the country, and not because of tax irregularities, as was previously believed.
South Korean spirits group Jinro is considering an IPO of its Japanese unit, according to reports.
Lotte Group has released further details of its plans to build a unit in China.
Diageo has remained silent on growing press speculation that it is under investigation for tax evasion in South Korea.
Soft drinks companies are always looking for the next big thing, whether its Japanese matcha tea, maple water or super-sour energy drinks.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research