Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
It is shaping up to be one of the drinks industry's biggest events of the year. This week, Suntory got approval to list its food and soft drinks unit on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, paving the way for the group to raise as much as US$4.7bn.
Sapporo has protested a decision to refuse it an JPY11.5bn (US$92.7m) tax rebate, according to a report.
Beam Suntory's Japanese unit, Suntory Spirits, has launched a ready-to-drink Jim Beam product in Japan for the first time.
Suntory Holdings has agreed to pay JPY150bn (US$1.2bn) for Japan Tobacco's (JT) beverage business, including its coffee brand Roots and flavoured water Momono Tennen-sui.
Suntory Holdings expects full-year profits to jump by a third as sales and underlying profits stayed strong in the first quarter.
The Japanese wine market has “come of age” as the country opens up to New World producers, a new report has said.
Asahi Breweries saw its Nikka Japanese whisky brand break the 1m-unit barrier in Europe last year for the first time.
The CEO of Suntory Holdings expects the company to overtake Diageo and Pernod Ricard as the world's biggest whiskey company, according to reports over the weekend.
Suntory Holdings has seen a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits helped by the integration of Beam Inc's brands into the business.
Kirin Group has said it will focus on boosting beer sales in Japan this year after group full-year revenues dipped.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in full-year profits, driven by growth in international sales.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future