Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
A new spirits company is to open what it claims will be Japan's first gin distillery.
Suntory Holdings is to appeal to Japan's intellectual property court after a judge refused to halt production and sales of rival Asahi’s non-alcoholic beer.
Beam Suntory upped sales by 36% in the first nine months of the year to drive growth for owner Suntory Holdings.
Beam Suntory's global travel retail division has launched a Master's Select version of its Hibiki Japanese Harmony whisky.
Kirin is to develop its own craft beer brands in Japan to help kickstart domestic alcohol sales, according to a report.
Kirin Group has upped first-half sales in the competitive Japanese beer market but struggles in Australia hampered overseas performance.
KonaRed Corp is to expand its operations to Japan. The manufacturer of Hawaiian coffee fruit beverages has said this is its first foray into export.
Beer shipments in Japan fell by 1.1% in the first half of the year, according to a report, which blamed growing demand for whiskey and the sparkling shochu-and-fruit blend chuhai.
Suntory Holdings has reached a definitive agreement to purchase Japan Tobacco's beverage unit, including its vending machine business.
Sapporo has protested a decision to refuse it an JPY11.5bn (US$92.7m) tax rebate, according to a report.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts