Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
It is shaping up to be one of the drinks industry's biggest events of the year. This week, Suntory got approval to list its food and soft drinks unit on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, paving the way for the group to raise as much as US$4.7bn.
Kirin Group has upped first-half sales in the competitive Japanese beer market but struggles in Australia hampered overseas performance.
KonaRed Corp is to expand its operations to Japan. The manufacturer of Hawaiian coffee fruit beverages has said this is its first foray into export.
Beer shipments in Japan fell by 1.1% in the first half of the year, according to a report, which blamed growing demand for whiskey and the sparkling shochu-and-fruit blend chuhai.
Suntory Holdings has reached a definitive agreement to purchase Japan Tobacco's beverage unit, including its vending machine business.
Sapporo has protested a decision to refuse it an JPY11.5bn (US$92.7m) tax rebate, according to a report.
Beam Suntory's Japanese unit, Suntory Spirits, has launched a ready-to-drink Jim Beam product in Japan for the first time.
Suntory Holdings has agreed to pay JPY150bn (US$1.2bn) for Japan Tobacco's (JT) beverage business, including its coffee brand Roots and flavoured water Momono Tennen-sui.
Suntory Holdings expects full-year profits to jump by a third as sales and underlying profits stayed strong in the first quarter.
The Japanese wine market has “come of age” as the country opens up to New World producers, a new report has said.
Asahi Breweries saw its Nikka Japanese whisky brand break the 1m-unit barrier in Europe last year for the first time.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research