Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Japan has launched a peach-flavoured water under the Glaceau brand, which it claims may help consumers sleep better.
Japanese consumers are becoming more adventurous in their wine choices, according to a new report.
A focus on improving profitability has failed to benefit the bottom line for Kirin Holdings in the first quarter of 2016.
A sharp decline in domestic sales for Kirin Brewery dragged down the Japanese beer market in the first quarter of the year as rival brewers posted growth, according to a report.
Suntory has launched a matcha-flavoured liqueur as it targets the growing trend for green-tea flavoured products in Japan.
Suntory has reorganised its Spirits and Liquors units and announced several new appointments.
Asahi Group has reported a double-digit profit rise in 2015, with alcohol and soft drinks both posting sales growth.
Kirin Holdings has made profit-making its top priority this year after a writedown in Brazil sunk FY income.
Suntory Holdings' spirits unit, Beam Suntory, has posted a strong full-year sales rise as continued demand for Bourbon drove performance.
Asahi Group is set to win the race to acquire Grolsch and Peroni Nastro Azzuro from SABMiller, according to local reports.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends