Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
It is shaping up to be one of the drinks industry's biggest events of the year. This week, Suntory got approval to list its food and soft drinks unit on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, paving the way for the group to raise as much as US$4.7bn.
Monster's entry into the Japanese market has seen initial success, but competition in the country's energy drinks sector remains “fierce”, according to an analyst.
The Japanese wine market has “come of age” as the country opens up to New World producers, a new report has said.
Asahi Breweries saw its Nikka Japanese whisky brand break the 1m-unit barrier in Europe last year for the first time.
The CEO of Suntory Holdings expects the company to overtake Diageo and Pernod Ricard as the world's biggest whiskey company, according to reports over the weekend.
Suntory Holdings has seen a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits helped by the integration of Beam Inc's brands into the business.
Kirin Group has said it will focus on boosting beer sales in Japan this year after group full-year revenues dipped.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in full-year profits, driven by growth in international sales.
Japan Tobacco is to sell its beverage unit because of increasing competition.
Suntory Holdings is to hive off its beer business, placing the leftover spirits unit under the control of Beam Suntory Inc.
Kirin Holdings has reported a slip in first-half sales as its domestic drinks business suffered from effects of a rise in sales tax.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in first-half profits as its beer, spirits and soft drinks businesses all saw a lift in sales.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research