Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
Beam Suntory's global travel retail division has launched a Master's Select version of its Hibiki Japanese Harmony whisky.
Kirin is to develop its own craft beer brands in Japan to help kickstart domestic alcohol sales, according to a report.
Kirin Group has upped first-half sales in the competitive Japanese beer market but struggles in Australia hampered overseas performance.
KonaRed Corp is to expand its operations to Japan. The manufacturer of Hawaiian coffee fruit beverages has said this is its first foray into export.
Beer shipments in Japan fell by 1.1% in the first half of the year, according to a report, which blamed growing demand for whiskey and the sparkling shochu-and-fruit blend chuhai.
Suntory Holdings has reached a definitive agreement to purchase Japan Tobacco's beverage unit, including its vending machine business.
Sapporo has protested a decision to refuse it an JPY11.5bn (US$92.7m) tax rebate, according to a report.
Beam Suntory's Japanese unit, Suntory Spirits, has launched a ready-to-drink Jim Beam product in Japan for the first time.
Suntory Holdings has agreed to pay JPY150bn (US$1.2bn) for Japan Tobacco's (JT) beverage business, including its coffee brand Roots and flavoured water Momono Tennen-sui.
Suntory Holdings expects full-year profits to jump by a third as sales and underlying profits stayed strong in the first quarter.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research