Italy: Latest beverage news & analysis
Last year, Marco Ferrari left his post as CMO of SPI Group to lead Italian spirits and aperitif maker Montenegro Group. just-drinks spoke to him at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October to find out what it is like to go from managing a global brand such as Stolichnaya to a company with strong domestic brands and a global outlook. Ferrari also spoke about his ambitions for Amaro Montenegro, a herbal liqueur that is finding traction in the US.
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari posted a solid jump in nine-month sales and profits as developed markets outperformed emerging countries. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region.
Gruppo Campari will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (11 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the Milan-headquartered company has fared in the three months to the end of September.
Earlier today (12 May), Gruppo Campari announced its first quarter results, including a 73% hike in pre-tax profits and a 13% sales increase. Here, we take a look at the figures for the quarter by region and brand:
Earlier today (10 March), Gruppo Campari announced its full-year results, with sales picking up during the last quarter. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's results in 2014 by region and brand:
Nestle Waters' Italian division The Sanpellegrino Group has inaugurated a EUR16m (US$17.8m) mineral water bottling plant for its Nestlé Vera Naturea brand.
Bushmills Irish whiskey owner Casa Cuervo has signed a distribution deal with Gruppo Montenegro in Italy.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has bought Italian brewer Birra del Borgo, adding to its portfolio of small European brewers.
Gruppo Campari has offloaded its Casoni Fabbricazione Liquori (CFL) private label business in Italy for EUR5.3m (US$5.8m).
The governing body for the Franciacorta wine region has elected a new president, with incumbent Maurizio Zanella stepping down after seven years in the job.
Gruppo Campari has posted a solid jump in nine-month sales and profits as developed markets outperformed emerging countries.
Illva Saronno is to introduce limited edition bottles of its Disaronno liqueur, in partnership with fashion brand Roberto Cavalli.
Gruppo Campari has agreed to sell Italian winery Enrico Serafino for EUR6.1m (US$6.9M)
Gruppo Campari has reported a healthy lift in sales and profits in the first three months of 2015 and has maintained a positive outlook for the year ahead.
Casa Vinicola Zonin has lined up the launch of three Prosecco expressions whose names hail from "the colours of these grapes and their English translation"
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends