Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
C&C Group will announce its half-year and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks looks at the drinks producer's activities in the three months to the end of August:
At the official ground-breaking ceremony for Brown-Forman's Slane Castle Irish whiskey distillery this week, the talk among a few of the guests was about why the company - which outlined heritage as an important factor when it comes to targeting new consumers - hadn't chosen to buy a moth-balled distillery with a ready-made history.
Earlier today, C&C Group reported a rise in full-year sales. But the company slipped into the red as impairment charges damaged the bottom line. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region:
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Today's official opening of the new Guinness production facility at the brand's St James's Gate site in the centre of Dublin stands in marked contrast to how the plot's future looked less than ten years ago. It is refreshing to see – for whatever reason - a plc the size of Diageo bowing to a brand's provenance, even if such nods are a rarity these days.
Small Irish whiskey brands could crumble due to a lack of supply, a new report has suggested.
Diageo's Guinness beer brand is to open its experimental brewery to the public. The move reaffirms the company's move towards innovation within the brand, following the launch of the Brewers Project last September.
Illva Saronno is to use its stake in Ireland's Walsh Whiskey Distillery to launch the latter's The Irishman whiskey brand in its home market.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released a limited edition, 15-year-old Irish whiskey to commemorate the opening of its distillery in Dublin.
C&C Group is to strike deeper into Asia and Africa after declines in its core Scottish and Irish markets drove down sales and profits.
Pernod Ricard unit Irish Distillers, which owns the Jameson brand, has opened a micro-distillery to experiment with new styles of Irish whiskey.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released the third iteration in its premium range of namesake Irish whiskies.
Heineken has declined to comment on reports linking it to Irish drinks distributor Comans Wholesale.
C&C Group's chairman has reportedly given his CEO a vote of confidence as the company contends with pressures in its core markets and shareholder concern over US cider assets.
C&C Group has posted a full-year loss after a one-off impairment charge on its US assets cut EUR150m from the bottom line.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts