Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today's official opening of the new Guinness production facility at the brand's St James's Gate site in the centre of Dublin stands in marked contrast to how the plot's future looked less than ten years ago. It is refreshing to see – for whatever reason - a plc the size of Diageo bowing to a brand's provenance, even if such nods are a rarity these days.
At Pernod Ricard's Capital Markets Day, held at the Jameson distillery in Midleton, Ireland, today (4 June), it was all about Jameson.
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team.
The Republic of Ireland has long been tagged, for good or bad, as being a hard-drinking nation. The charity Alcohol Action Ireland claims that Irish adults "binge-drink" more than any of their European compatriots.
Earlier this month, the Irish Whiskey Association came into being. Ian Buxton looks at the category and considers why it is needed and what it will do.
C&C Group has seen a healthy rise in half-year sales and profits helped by its domestic markets, but admitted its US performance was “disappointing”.
Drinks producers in Ireland have welcomed a freeze on alcohol duties, but warned that current levels remain “uncompetitive” and urged the government to reverse previous hikes.
William Grant & Sons has opened a new EUR35m (US$45m) distillery for its Tullamore D.E.W. Irish whiskey brand.
Walsh Whiskey has started work on its planned EUR25m (US$32.3m) distillery in Ireland, and confirmed it will produce all three types of Irish whiskey.
Diageo has officially opened the upgraded production facility at its Guinness brewery in central Dublin.
The Dublin Whiskey Co (DWC) has confirmed plans to build a new EUR10m (US$13.2m) distillery and visitor centre in the Irish capital.
Brockmans Gin is set to launch in Ireland after its owner, Ginuine, signed a distribution deal with MCM Spirits & Liqueurs.
Glendalough Irish Whiskey has announced a raft of activity that includes the addition of former Ireland rugby international Brian O'Driscoll to its ownership.
The Teeling Whiskey Co has started construction work on building its new distillery in Ireland.
C&C Group has branded as “discriminatory” a Polish law that bans cider sponsorship at sports events but not beer.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014