Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
C&C Group will announce its half-year and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks looks at the drinks producer's activities in the three months to the end of August:
At the official ground-breaking ceremony for Brown-Forman's Slane Castle Irish whiskey distillery this week, the talk among a few of the guests was about why the company - which outlined heritage as an important factor when it comes to targeting new consumers - hadn't chosen to buy a moth-balled distillery with a ready-made history.
Earlier today, C&C Group reported a rise in full-year sales. But the company slipped into the red as impairment charges damaged the bottom line. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region:
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the completion of the divestment of its Paddy Irish whiskey brand to Sazerac.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released the first spirit to be made at its distillery in Dublin.
Quintessential Brands' Irish unit has acquired a 33% stake in a brewery, as it continues to ramp up its presence in the market.
Heineken has launched its Heineken Light brand into Europe for the first time.
Walsh Whiskey has confirmed that its new Irish whiskey distillery has come online and is set for an official opening ceremony later this year.
Diageo has rolled out another extension of its Guinness beer brand. The 1798 Double Extra Stout is a limited-edition batch Guinness that has been matured in oak vats for 18 months and is packaged in a 75cl corked and caged bottle.
Drinks company Quintessential Brands has acquired Dublin Whiskey Co as part of a EUR10m investment.
C&C Group is to distribute Pabst Brewing Co's (PBC) portfolio in the UK & Ireland.
Pernod Ricard has released the first single cask expression under its Redbreast Irish whiskey brand.
C&C Group is to close cider packaging and production facilities in England and Ireland, with the net loss of 180 jobs.
Does this picture, taken today, show a turning point in the history of Irish whiskey?
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends