Indonesia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken has expressed cautious optimism that the ban on selling beer in Indonesian convenience stores could be reconsidered.
Heineken's departing CFO has called for clarity in Indonesia after a ban on beer sales in convenience stores cut volumes by a third.
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive policies in a widening number of markets ranging from Turkey to Russia, and from advertising restrictions to distribution barriers, the paradisiacal archipelago is joining the ranks of emerging markets that are falling from the alcoholic drinks industry’s grace.
C&C Group is to sell Irish cider Magners in Indonesia through a new distribution deal.
Indonesia is exploring a sugar tax on soft drinks, according to reports.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to build a US$63m “mega-distribution centre” in Indonesia as it ups soft drinks investment in the country despite a recent slowdown.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Asahi is to launch new products aimed at women in Indonesia after its joint-venture in the country opened a plant in West Java, according to local reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is to pay US$500m for a minority stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian unit as it aims to reverse falling demand for its brands in the South-East Asian country.
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
Multi Bintang, the Heineken-controlled Indonesian brewer, has started work on a IDR210bn (US$19m) facility that will produce no- and low-alcohol beer.
An Asahi Group joint-venture in Indonesia is to take control of bottled water producer Tirta Bahagia Group in a deal worth IDR2.2tn (US$193m).
Asahi Group has teamed up with Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur to buy Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler for US$30m.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends