India: Latest beverage news & analysis
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution control authorities.
Soft drinks marketers are always scratching their heads trying to establish new refreshment occasions for their drinks to exploit. Sometimes, these opportunities can be found in the most extraordinary channels. In Southern India, for example, salons have proved to be a surprise outlet for lemon & lime drinks like Sprite or 7 Up.
It's not every day that one can accuse the world's biggest spirits producer of being a bit stupid, but my peers in India are making hay today, doing just that. But, before wading in against Diageo and the call by its United Spirits unit in India for chairman Vijay Mallya to stand down, ask yourself this one question: What difference does it make?
Finally, after a near four-month delay United Spirits reported its full-year results today.
Finally, after almost 20 months, Diageo has got what it initially wanted in India. The company today (2 July) confirmed it now holds the majority of shares in United Spirits. This achievement, however, has cost way more than Diageo initially expected; to the tune of around US$1bn.
Nestlé India has introduced its ready-to-drink range of Nescafe coffee to India, with market-specific flavours.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to pay a US$6m fine after US authorities ruled that an Indian unit of the brewer had violated a corrupt practices act in India and "chilled" a whistleblower.
The Diageo-controlled United Spirits has released a honey-flavoured version of its flagship whisky brand, McDowell's No. 1.
Heineken has added a further cache of United Breweries shares to its holding in the Indian beer market leader.
The Scotch Whisky Association has welcomed new draught regulations in India that bring authorities one step closer to having clear definitions for alcohol categories.
India’s Enforcement Directorate has seized assets from the former chairman of United Spirits, Vijay Mallya, that include shares in the Diageo-controlled division.
United Breweries has posted a strong jump in Q1 profits and sales as volumes growth outpaced the market.
The wine arm of India's United Spirits has launched its first new product since the unit came under Diageo control.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo are set to ramp up their fizzy fruit juice portfolios in India once authorities standardise food safety guidelines on the category, a report has said.
Heineken has been told it is too early to seek first refusal on Vijay Mallya's United Breweries shares.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends