Hungary: Latest beverage news & analysis
Trade body SpiritsEurope has welcomed a ruling that strikes down a Hungarian law exempting distillers of home-made pálinka from paying excise tax for the first 50 litres per year.
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports.
InBev has been granted a subsidy from the Hungarian government to set up a regional financial services centre in the country, according to local reports.
The proposed building of a power plant close to the Tokaj wine region has the potential to cause a political storm, according to a report in the UK's Daily Telegraph.
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
SABMiller’s Hungarian subsidiary has warned that recent economic and political developments in the country will hit profits this year by almost a third. At a press briefing in Hungary today (25 September), the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country’s ‘austerity programme’ this year would take about 30% off the unit’s profits in 2006.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has retained the Budweiser trademark in Hungary despite losing its claim to the term ‘Bud’ as an appellation of origin.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview