Hungary: Latest beverage news & analysis
Trade body SpiritsEurope has welcomed a ruling that strikes down a Hungarian law exempting distillers of home-made pálinka from paying excise tax for the first 50 litres per year.
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports.
InBev has been granted a subsidy from the Hungarian government to set up a regional financial services centre in the country, according to local reports.
The proposed building of a power plant close to the Tokaj wine region has the potential to cause a political storm, according to a report in the UK's Daily Telegraph.
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
SABMiller’s Hungarian subsidiary has warned that recent economic and political developments in the country will hit profits this year by almost a third. At a press briefing in Hungary today (25 September), the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country’s ‘austerity programme’ this year would take about 30% off the unit’s profits in 2006.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has retained the Budweiser trademark in Hungary despite losing its claim to the term ‘Bud’ as an appellation of origin.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future