Hungary: Latest beverage news & analysis
Trade body SpiritsEurope has welcomed a ruling that strikes down a Hungarian law exempting distillers of home-made pálinka from paying excise tax for the first 50 litres per year.
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports.
InBev has been granted a subsidy from the Hungarian government to set up a regional financial services centre in the country, according to local reports.
The proposed building of a power plant close to the Tokaj wine region has the potential to cause a political storm, according to a report in the UK's Daily Telegraph.
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
SABMiller’s Hungarian subsidiary has warned that recent economic and political developments in the country will hit profits this year by almost a third. At a press briefing in Hungary today (25 September), the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country’s ‘austerity programme’ this year would take about 30% off the unit’s profits in 2006.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has retained the Budweiser trademark in Hungary despite losing its claim to the term ‘Bud’ as an appellation of origin.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014