Hungary: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken has withdrawn from a legal fight over a disputed brand name in Romania, amid pressure from the Hungarian Government regarding its red star logo.
Heineken has moved to defend its red star logo after reports Hungary's Government wants to ban the image.
Trade body SpiritsEurope has welcomed a ruling that strikes down a Hungarian law exempting distillers of home-made pálinka from paying excise tax for the first 50 litres per year.
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports.
InBev has been granted a subsidy from the Hungarian government to set up a regional financial services centre in the country, according to local reports.
The proposed building of a power plant close to the Tokaj wine region has the potential to cause a political storm, according to a report in the UK's Daily Telegraph.
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
SABMiller’s Hungarian subsidiary has warned that recent economic and political developments in the country will hit profits this year by almost a third. At a press briefing in Hungary today (25 September), the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country’s ‘austerity programme’ this year would take about 30% off the unit’s profits in 2006.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has retained the Budweiser trademark in Hungary despite losing its claim to the term ‘Bud’ as an appellation of origin.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report