Hungary: Latest beverage news & analysis
Trade body SpiritsEurope has welcomed a ruling that strikes down a Hungarian law exempting distillers of home-made pálinka from paying excise tax for the first 50 litres per year.
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports.
InBev has been granted a subsidy from the Hungarian government to set up a regional financial services centre in the country, according to local reports.
The proposed building of a power plant close to the Tokaj wine region has the potential to cause a political storm, according to a report in the UK's Daily Telegraph.
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
SABMiller has appointed a former Procter & Gamble executive to head its marketing division in Europe.
SABMiller’s Hungarian subsidiary has warned that recent economic and political developments in the country will hit profits this year by almost a third. At a press briefing in Hungary today (25 September), the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country’s ‘austerity programme’ this year would take about 30% off the unit’s profits in 2006.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has retained the Budweiser trademark in Hungary despite losing its claim to the term ‘Bud’ as an appellation of origin.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends