Guatemala: Latest beverage news & analysis
Diageo has secured a controlling stake in the Zacapa rum brand from Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
Diageo's talks with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand are ongoing, just-drinks has learnt, despite the current partnership scheduled to end today (31 March).
Diageo has declined to provide further details on the its talks with the Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala group regarding their agreement over the Zacapa rum brand, confirming only that discussions are ongoing.
Diageo has confirmed that it has started discussions with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand over their future relationship once the current agreement ends.
Nestlé is to acquire a majority stake in Guatemalan powdered drinks producer Malher Group.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends