Guatemala: Latest beverage news & analysis
Diageo has secured a controlling stake in the Zacapa rum brand from Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
Diageo's talks with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand are ongoing, just-drinks has learnt, despite the current partnership scheduled to end today (31 March).
Diageo has declined to provide further details on the its talks with the Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala group regarding their agreement over the Zacapa rum brand, confirming only that discussions are ongoing.
Diageo has confirmed that it has started discussions with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand over their future relationship once the current agreement ends.
Nestlé is to acquire a majority stake in Guatemalan powdered drinks producer Malher Group.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends