Guatemala: Latest beverage news & analysis
Diageo has secured a controlling stake in the Zacapa rum brand from Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
Diageo's talks with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand are ongoing, just-drinks has learnt, despite the current partnership scheduled to end today (31 March).
Diageo has declined to provide further details on the its talks with the Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala group regarding their agreement over the Zacapa rum brand, confirming only that discussions are ongoing.
Diageo has confirmed that it has started discussions with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand over their future relationship once the current agreement ends.
Nestlé is to acquire a majority stake in Guatemalan powdered drinks producer Malher Group.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets