Germany: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola system was all over the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London this week. As well as The Coca-Cola Co itself, we also had presentations from Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Coca-Cola Icecek.
Campari's full-year results yesterday were a mixed bag. The US and Russia performed well for the wine, spirits and soft drinks maker while Western Europe was disappointing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) anticipated purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German operations has become the subject of much speculation amongst industry observers over the last 18 months about both the opportunities from and the sticking points behind a potential deal.
ProWein, the first major wine exhibition of 2010, opens next week in Dusseldorf. To celebrate the beginning of the trade fair season for the wine industry, just-drinks talked to Steffen Schindler, director of marketing at the German Wine Institute, about 2009, the potential of developing markets and fighting consumer prejudices.
German wine group Racke International has teamed up with Chilean winery Aresti to launch Espiritu de Chile, replicating its successful partnership with South Africa’s KWV which spawned the Golden Kaan wine brand. Chris Brook-Carter discussed the joint ventures and the business model behind them with Racke’s international manager and CEO of Golden Kaan Ltd Marian Kopp.
Carlsberg has launched one-litre and 75cl limited edition canned versions of its Tuborg Pilsener brand in Germany for Christmas.
Beam Suntory's Travel Retail unit, Maxxium, has launched a digital airport activation for Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year as it ramps up support for the small-batch Bourbon.
Beam Suntory Inc has confirmed the move of Suntory's US distribution from Campari, with Germany also transitioning.
Beam Suntory has expanded distribution of its Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year into airports across Germany ahead of a wider launch across Europe.
Germany’s Federal Cartel Office (FCO) has handed out another EUR231.2m (US$318.9m) of fines to six more brewers in the country over alleged price fixing.
Jannik Inselkammer, managing partner and co-owner of Germany's Augustiner Brewery, has died in an avalanche.
Wine merchant Maison Sichel is to up its focus on China after a record year in the country.
The head of Accolade Wines' UK unit has said finding a CEO for a wine company is a “challenge” because candidates must possess the right mix of skills.
Pernod Ricard is to add a Berlin edition to its Absolut City portfolio.
Domestic volume sales of German beer reached a record low in 2013, but demand from outside Europe is up, according to new figures.
How many beer mugs can one man carry?
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win.
It's almost here. This year's Oktoberfest kicks off this week in Munich, as ever. The beer festival runs until 6 October and if you've never been before, then trust me, you should.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018