Germany: Latest beverage news & analysis
Bar Convent Berlin wrapped up on Wednesday, with record numbers of visitors and exhibitors to the on-trade show. just-drinks sat down with co-founder Helmut Adam to find out what changes the show's new partnership with Reed Exhibitions has brought and how alcohol companies are raising brand awareness in cocktail bars around the world.
The Coca-Cola system was all over the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London this week. As well as The Coca-Cola Co itself, we also had presentations from Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Coca-Cola Icecek.
Campari's full-year results yesterday were a mixed bag. The US and Russia performed well for the wine, spirits and soft drinks maker while Western Europe was disappointing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) anticipated purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German operations has become the subject of much speculation amongst industry observers over the last 18 months about both the opportunities from and the sticking points behind a potential deal.
ProWein, the first major wine exhibition of 2010, opens next week in Dusseldorf. To celebrate the beginning of the trade fair season for the wine industry, just-drinks talked to Steffen Schindler, director of marketing at the German Wine Institute, about 2009, the potential of developing markets and fighting consumer prejudices.
Diageo has lined up a raft of new Scotch whisky-based spirits products through an innovation-led try-out concept called 'Whiskey Union', initially in Austria and Germany.
Diageo has unveiled a new Smirnoff range in conjunction with a global music collaboration.
German spirits maker Waldemar Behn has launched an extension to its Dooley's Original Cream Liqueur range.
Pernod Ricard has said its on-trade relaunch of the Beefeater Crown Jewel is a “thank you” to bartenders who lobbied the company for the 50% abv gin's return.
Lauffener Weingärtner has released three organic wines in Europe.
Messe Düsseldorf , the organisers of trade show ProWein, have reported a 7% lift in visitor numbers at this year's show.
Day two here at ProWein. The weather has improved, with the sun making a welcome appearance. Judging by the scrum to get on the tram this morning, this is the key day for visitors.
Updates from the wine and spirits trade show ProWein:
ProWein is just around the corner now. Get those red trousers pressed! Here's part four of our preview:
The countdown to ProWein continues, which starts on Sunday. Here's part three of our preview:
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
How many beer mugs can one man carry?
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts