Germany: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola system was all over the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London this week. As well as The Coca-Cola Co itself, we also had presentations from Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Coca-Cola Icecek.
Campari's full-year results yesterday were a mixed bag. The US and Russia performed well for the wine, spirits and soft drinks maker while Western Europe was disappointing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) anticipated purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German operations has become the subject of much speculation amongst industry observers over the last 18 months about both the opportunities from and the sticking points behind a potential deal.
ProWein, the first major wine exhibition of 2010, opens next week in Dusseldorf. To celebrate the beginning of the trade fair season for the wine industry, just-drinks talked to Steffen Schindler, director of marketing at the German Wine Institute, about 2009, the potential of developing markets and fighting consumer prejudices.
German wine group Racke International has teamed up with Chilean winery Aresti to launch Espiritu de Chile, replicating its successful partnership with South Africa’s KWV which spawned the Golden Kaan wine brand. Chris Brook-Carter discussed the joint ventures and the business model behind them with Racke’s international manager and CEO of Golden Kaan Ltd Marian Kopp.
Mast-Jägermeister has reported a near-6% fall in annual sales volumes, with the US suffering a “significant decrease”.
German breweries have seen their volume sales rise for the first time since 2006, according to latest figures.
Carlsberg has launched one-litre and 75cl limited edition canned versions of its Tuborg Pilsener brand in Germany for Christmas.
Beam Suntory's Travel Retail unit, Maxxium, has launched a digital airport activation for Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year as it ramps up support for the small-batch Bourbon.
Beam Suntory Inc has confirmed the move of Suntory's US distribution from Campari, with Germany also transitioning.
Beam Suntory has expanded distribution of its Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year into airports across Germany ahead of a wider launch across Europe.
Germany’s Federal Cartel Office (FCO) has handed out another EUR231.2m (US$318.9m) of fines to six more brewers in the country over alleged price fixing.
Jannik Inselkammer, managing partner and co-owner of Germany's Augustiner Brewery, has died in an avalanche.
Wine merchant Maison Sichel is to up its focus on China after a record year in the country.
The head of Accolade Wines' UK unit has said finding a CEO for a wine company is a “challenge” because candidates must possess the right mix of skills.
How many beer mugs can one man carry?
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win.
It's almost here. This year's Oktoberfest kicks off this week in Munich, as ever. The beer festival runs until 6 October and if you've never been before, then trust me, you should.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report