Germany: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Coca-Cola system was all over the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London this week. As well as The Coca-Cola Co itself, we also had presentations from Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Coca-Cola Icecek.
Campari's full-year results yesterday were a mixed bag. The US and Russia performed well for the wine, spirits and soft drinks maker while Western Europe was disappointing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) anticipated purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German operations has become the subject of much speculation amongst industry observers over the last 18 months about both the opportunities from and the sticking points behind a potential deal.
ProWein, the first major wine exhibition of 2010, opens next week in Dusseldorf. To celebrate the beginning of the trade fair season for the wine industry, just-drinks talked to Steffen Schindler, director of marketing at the German Wine Institute, about 2009, the potential of developing markets and fighting consumer prejudices.
German wine group Racke International has teamed up with Chilean winery Aresti to launch Espiritu de Chile, replicating its successful partnership with South Africa’s KWV which spawned the Golden Kaan wine brand. Chris Brook-Carter discussed the joint ventures and the business model behind them with Racke’s international manager and CEO of Golden Kaan Ltd Marian Kopp.
Lauffener Weingärtner has released three organic wines in Europe.
Messe Düsseldorf , the organisers of trade show ProWein, have reported a 7% lift in visitor numbers at this year's show.
Day two here at ProWein. The weather has improved, with the sun making a welcome appearance. Judging by the scrum to get on the tram this morning, this is the key day for visitors.
Updates from the wine and spirits trade show ProWein:
ProWein is just around the corner now. Get those red trousers pressed! Here's part four of our preview:
The countdown to ProWein continues, which starts on Sunday. Here's part three of our preview:
Yesterday, just-drinks bought you part one of our preview for wine and spirit trade show ProWein. Here's our latest focus on exhibitors at the three-day show:
The wine world - and many spirits producers - will decamp to the German city of Düsseldorf this weekend for the ProWein trade exhibition. In the lead up, we're running a series of daily previews highlighting what a selection of companies and regional trade bodies will be up to at the three-day show.
The Coca-Cola Co has been forced to apologise over an advert for its Fanta brand in Germany and has denied the brand has any links to Hitler or the Nazi Party.
Mast-Jägermeister has reported a near-6% fall in annual sales volumes, with the US suffering a “significant decrease”.
How many beer mugs can one man carry?
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win.
It's almost here. This year's Oktoberfest kicks off this week in Munich, as ever. The beer festival runs until 6 October and if you've never been before, then trust me, you should.
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research