France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
Five years ago this week, French wine and spirits group Belvédère was embroiled in legal proceedings with creditors over the amount of debt it owed. Since then, the firm - which has Bruce Willis as a minority shareholder - has endured a roller coaster of fortunes in its bid to stay afloat.
Remy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales after another weak showing in China. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the six months to the end of September.
When a company announces a cost-savings programme, you can guarantee it will get its own headline. When the programme is given a name by the company, the headline gets that little bit louder. But when the company announcing the programme is French, then start polishing those lightbulbs.
Valérie Chapoulaud-Floquet has officially taken over as Remy Cointreau's CEO and revealed a shake-up for the French group's management team.
Remy Cointreau's sales continued to drop in its year-to-date but declines slowed and Q3 Cognac shipments to Greater China rose.
The Commercial Court of Paris has ordered the liquidation of on-line wine trader Heracles, which owns the website 1855.com.
Laurent-Perrier has appointed Pernod Ricard's international treasury director as its new CFO.
Jus de Fruits d'Alsace (JFA), the France-based fruit and vegetable juice producer, is investing EUR15m (US$17.9m) in a new PET bottling line at its production plant at Sarre-Union.
Belvédère, the France-based wine and spirits group, is to offload its production assets in Poland and strip down its portfolio as part of a new strategic plan to turnaround falling sales.
The Compagnie Financière Européenne de Prises de Participation (COFEPP), which owns French spirits group La Martiniquaise, has extended its footprint in the wine retail segment with the acquisition of Wineandco.com for an undisclosed sum.
A French biodynamic wine producer who was fined for refusing to use pesticide to protect his vines has won an appeal to overturn his conviction, according to reports.
The Société des Produits Marnier Lapostolle, producer of Grand Marnier, has said there are “no plans” to sell the company, following press speculation of a possible deal.
Laurent-Perrier has continued its strong start to the fiscal year as profits and sales climbed on demand from outside Europe and the performance of its Salon brand.
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The alcohol industry can sometimes skirt around the reason why people choose to drink.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review