France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Has it happened? Has China's Cognac market finally bottomed out?
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand in the year-to-date.
Whether you're a brewer, a distiller or a winemaker, the watchword for results announcements this season is: strategic plan.
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
It has been more than a year since Cognac makers such as Pernod Ricard stopped estimating how long it will be before their China markets turn around. The downturn has lasted far longer than these companies expected, and yesterday Pernod's CFO Gilles Bogaert risked little when he predicted that this fiscal year in the country is likely to be similar to the previous one.
LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, has posted a healthy leap in full-year profits as sales in China rebounded in the second half of last year.
In a further step to merge its back office operations, Pernod Ricard will consolidate its Ricard and Pernod human resources divisions in France from 1 April.
Burgungy-based negociant Badet Clement has purchased Domaine du Tresor in France's Languedoc region.
Remy Cointreau's CFO has warned that it "won't be a cheap year" for eau de vie as a revitalised Cognac industry competes for stock.
Winery and negociant business Maison M Chapoutier has purchased Chateau des Ferrages in the Sainte Victoire appellation, Provence.
Remy Cointreau has posted a strong Q3 to lift nine-month sales as Cognac continues to improve.
Remy Cointreau will announce its nine-month and third-quarter results on Thursday. Here, just-drinks looks at the spirits producer's activities in the three months to the end of December:
Champagne AR Lenoble has taken the decision not to include increasingly fashionable disgorgement dates on its bottles because many drinkers don't understand them.
Cognac export sales skyrocketed in the second half of last year to put the category back on track after a difficult few years.
Beam Suntory has enlisted the global on-trade to add weight to its latest Courvoisier Cognac activation.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research