France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
It has been more than a year since Cognac makers such as Pernod Ricard stopped estimating how long it will be before their China markets turn around. The downturn has lasted far longer than these companies expected, and yesterday Pernod's CFO Gilles Bogaert risked little when he predicted that this fiscal year in the country is likely to be similar to the previous one.
The latest brand to join the quest to recruit new Coganc drinkers is Remy Cointreau's Remy Martin. The company revealed its new campaign to analysts and journalists at its headquarters in Cognac, with the aim of turning the consumer view of "I respect Remy Martin, they have a great product" to "I love Remy Martin, it's the brand for me."
Analysts have hailed signs of “momentum returning” to Rémy Cointreau after the company announced a 6.1% rise in first-half reported sales to EUR500.7m (US$568.5m).
In a trading update earlier today, Remy Cointreau posted a 6.1% lift in reported sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand in the six months to the end of September.
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has revised its targets for the years ahead, with sales between 2016 and 2018 expected to rise by 8% to 13%.
Remy Cointreau has made a film starring John Malkovich for its Louis XIII Cognac brand.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has reported a slight dip in sales during the first nine months of 2015, with the top line struggling in the third quarter.
Lanson BCC Group has entered the important final quarter with a 6.1% slip in sales for its year so far.
Pernod Ricard's GH Mumm Champagne brand is to sponsor the FIA Formula E Championship - the world’s first all-electric racing series.
Remy Cointreau has sold its Basque liqueur Izarra to UK-based company Spirited Brands.
Visitor numbers to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) exhibition in Cannes dropped by 2% this year as global headwinds buffeted Travel Retail.
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has seen group sales lift in the third quarter, though the Reims-based company reported double-digit declines over the year to date.
Moet Hennessy has released the 2006 vintage of its La Grande Dame extension of the Veuve Clicquot Champagne brand in the UK.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015