Finland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Soft drinks companies and brewers are facing the possibility of higher excise duties on their products as a result of tax reforms proposed by the Finnish Ministry of Finance. Ben Cooper reports.
Altia Corp, the Finland-based wine and spirits firm, has announced plans to cut around a tenth of its workforce as it seeks to to boost its “long-term competitiveness”.
Altia has upgraded the packaging on its Chill Out wine range to make it easier to recycle.
The acting head of Altia has said the company needs owners that are willing to invest after the Finnish Government drew up plans for the state firm's sale.
Carlsberg has been fined DKK41m (EUR5.5m) after being found guilty of tax evasion in Finland.
Altia Corp has poached its next CEO from Carlsberg to replace the previous incumbent, who left late last year.
A political party in Finland's Coalition has demanded that the Government intervene to block the severance package agreed with the recently-released CEO of Altia Corp.
The CEO of Altia Corportation has been released with immediate effect after the Finnish group fell behind its financial targets.
The CEO of Altia Corporation has said he is “extremely happy” with the inventory of Larsen Cognac, though admitted previous owner Rémy Cointreau did keep some stock for itself.
Olvi is looking to expand its footprint beyond its domestic market and is exploring acquisition opportunities in Belarus and th e Baltic states.
Panimoliitto, Finland’s drinks industry federation, has criticised a Government plan to further increase the tax on alcohol in 2014.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk