Estonia: Latest beverage news & analysis
The Baltic countries have had it tougher than most in the global economic downturn, suffering double digit falls in gross domestic product. But the turmoil has not dented the ambition of Estonia-based AS Liviko, which continues to eye ambitious growth as both an importer to the Baltics and an exporter of its flagship brands, Viru Valge and Vana Tallinn. Chris Mercer flew to Tallinn to speak with Liviko chairman Janek Kalvi.
Baltic Beer Company has confirmed changes of distribution for its Viru beer brand in the UK and the US.
Exports of Viru Valge vodka and a distribution deal with Bacardi-Martini helped Baltics-based AS Liviko to increase sales in 2010, but profits fell amid tough economic conditions.
AS Liviko's Viru Valge Black
The Baltic Beer Company has begun rolling out updated packaging for its Estonian beer brand, Viru.
Estonian alcohol producer, Liviko, has acquired a 50% stake in Japanese drinks import and distribution business Hanza Trading.
Liviko has increased its distribution footprint for Bacardi-Martini Group's brands in the Baltic states to include Estonia.
The European arm of Constellation Brands has switched to Liviko Group to distribute three of its main wine brands in the Baltic states.
Here are five facts on Estonian drinks firm AS Livico.
AS Liviko has completed a production investment which will see the company look to begin exporting to Japan.
Estonia-based spirits company AS Liviko has increased its sales and market share in the Estonian alcohol market, boosted by successful imports.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director