Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Diageo-controlled Guinness Nigeria has reported a loss for its most recent fiscal year as macro-economic headwinds continue to hamper performance.
Beer sales in crisis-hit Venezuela have plummeted by as much as 80% as production costs soar, according to a report.
Heineken has added a further cache of United Breweries shares to its holding in the Indian beer market leader.
Coca-Cola HBC has agreed to sell a 50% stake in Lithuanian bottled water company Neptuno Vandenys to The Coca-Cola Co for EUR10m (US$11m).
The Scotch Whisky Association has welcomed new draught regulations in India that bring authorities one step closer to having clear definitions for alcohol categories.
Heineken has launched its Sol Mexican lager brand in South Africa as it prepares to lock horns with the incoming Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends