Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
Heineken's management team has been in Vietnam this week for the company's annual Financial Markets Conference. CEO Jean-François van Boxmee...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
The European Union (EU) has called on the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to establish a disputes panel to consider its claim that Colombia is breaking global trade rules over the country's alleged "discriminatory treatment" of imported spirits.
COFCO subsidiary China Foods is considering the sale of stakes in ten Coca-Cola bottlers in the country, as the Coca-Cola Co's bottler refranchising scheme gains momentum.
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa has expressed concerns over meeting merger conditions, should South Africa implement its current sugar tax plan.
Distell has announced the release of a 10-year-old South African whisky, which carries a 2005 vintage statement.
Coca-Cola Icecek has hailed a "better-than-planned" performance as first-half sales and volumes increased on strong domestic demand.
Heineken has declined to comment on a report it is on course to buy Kirin's Brazil operations.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review