Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
In November, the Indian Government passed reforms withdrawing the INR500 (US$7.40) and INR1,000 notes as legal tender in the country. The sn...
Wild fires hit the Chilean - and then global - headlines earlier this month. The subsequent damage to some of the country's vineyards may ha...
The Brazilian beer market may be able to claim Kirin Holdings as a victim in the coming weeks, but the likelihood of Heineken stepping in to...
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Heineken's Sri Lanka business unit has changed its name to Heineken Lanka.
Heineken has successfully completed its recently-confirmed discussions with Kirin Holdings, with the European brewer set to acquire Kirin's Brazilian operations for almost half the price the Japanese firm paid in 2011.
Carlsberg is the "logical buyer" for Asahi's Tsingtao stake if the 20% interest goes on sale, an analyst has said.
China's low-value beer volumes could drop further, Carlsberg CEO Cees 't Hart has told just-drinks.
Chilean winemaker Santa Rita Estates has continued to reshape its distribution footprint with a new agreement in China.
San Miguel Corp has bought Australian wine bottler Portavin Holdings for AUD27m (US$20.6m).
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends