Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Soft drinks marketers are always scratching their heads trying to establish new refreshment occasions for their drinks to exploit. Sometimes...
This week, Concha y Toro reported a jump in full-year sales and profits as volumes increased and currency fluctuations played in its favour....
China Resources Beer, the joint-owner of Snow with SABMiller, released its full-year results for 2015 this week. The company will soon gain...
Gong xi fa cai, as the Chinese say. The saying is the equivalent of "happy new year" and is ubiquitous in China at this time of year, partly...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
The CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev has said he expects growth in China to come from the top end of the company's portfolio, though he warned the market is still under pressure.
SABMiller has agreed a number of concessions with South African regulators as it continues to chase approval for its Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) merger.
C&C Group has teamed up with the Indian division of Mahou San Miguel to prepare the launch of two variants in its Tennent's beer brand stable in the country.
The Yalumba Wine Co has switched distributors in China after 11 years with Summergate.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit, Ambev, has confirmed that it has agreed to purchase domestic soft drinks producer Sucos do Bem.
Diageo-controlled Guinness Nigeria has reported a slump in year-to-date sales and profits as the country's economy continues to slow.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India