Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Coca-Cola FEMSA has had to cut around 1,300 jobs as its copes with Mexico's new soda tax, but volumes are not being as badly affected as pre...
Five years ago, Heineken announced it was cutting 140 jobs in Russia, with the suspension of brewing at one of its sites. The news came just...
China remains a source of much concern for high-end spirits producers, none more so than Remy Cointreau....
Finally, after a near four-month delay United Spirits reported its full-year results today....
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
The Coca-Cola Co is to pay US$500m for a minority stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian unit as it aims to reverse falling demand for its brands in the South-East Asian country.
The Coca-Cola Co's Nigerian unit has said it has yet to be served with criminal charges over alleged violations of orders from the country's Consumer Protection Council (CPC), despite media reports to the contrary.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Diageo's Guinness Nigeria division has confirmed a change of CEO, with John O’Keeffe set to replace Seni Adetu in the hot-seat.
Carlsberg has completed its takeover of Chongqing Beer Group's remaining brewing interests in China.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a healthy lift in nine-month sales as the group continued to benefit from its acquisitions in Brazil and Mexico last year.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom