Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains o...
China may be the world's second biggest economy but, when it comes to global brand-building, the country lags most top nations....
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Her...
With markets as varied as SABMiller's, there's always going to be a few bad eggs in quarterly results. Yesterday's first-half statement was...
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) has acquired a property in South Africa's Stellenbosch region, its first foray into the country.
Brown-Forman has signed a "co-operation agreement" with Chinese baijiu maker Wuliangye Yibin Co.
SPI Group is to switch distributor for its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in South Africa, teaming up with wine and spirits maker KWV.
John Distilleries, the Indian spirits producer, is gearing up to enter the US market in 2015 with its Paul John single malt whisky brand.
Slovenia has scrapped a proposed tax on soft drinks that business leaders claimed would have been an “additional burden” on the economy, according to a report.
Plans to merge Heineken's Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries have moved a step closer after the units' shareholders approved the deal.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future