Latest beverage news & analysis in Eastern Europe
That Russia's beer market has turned from a roaring bear into a whimpering bunny is not news any more. The country's economic downturn, coup...
The Romanian wine industry is at the start of its own revolution. Families who previously struggled to get their properties back following C...
Nine months after Pivovarna Lasko hung out the 'for sale' sign, Heineken has emerged as the Slovenian firm's favoured suitor – or should tha...
The CFO of Brown-Forman has offered hope to Russia's alcohol market, claiming that the company is "doing pretty well" in the challenging cou...
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with the head of Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar, Jirí Bocek discussed the company's ownership structure and its position in the Czech beer market. Here, in part two, he tells us about his plans beyond Czech and gives us his view on the never-ending legal tussle with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Last month, I travelled to Czech to take in a tour of Budejovicky Budvar's brewery in the south of the country. While there, I was granted an audience with group director Jirí Bocek. During our time together, we discussed the firm's ownership structure, its plans for future expansion, and that legal row.
Global Beer Georgia has secured a near-US$20m loan to build a brewery in the country that will produce Heineken brands under licence.
Coca-Cola HBC's Polish unit has appointed Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits' (MBWS) Polish subsidiary to handle its products in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Anadolu Efes have declined to comment on speculation linking the two brewers to a merger of operations in Russia.
Russia may be about to relax restrictions on beer sales and advertising that have severely impacted international brewers in the country.
Heineken has confirmed its intention to cease production at its brewery in the Russian province of Kaliningrad.
Stock Spirits has made its long-awaited return to the M&A arena, purchasing three spirits brands from Bohemia Sekt in Czech.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits