Latest beverage news & analysis in Eastern Europe
That Russia's beer market has turned from a roaring bear into a whimpering bunny is not news any more. The country's economic downturn, coup...
The Romanian wine industry is at the start of its own revolution. Families who previously struggled to get their properties back following C...
Nine months after Pivovarna Lasko hung out the 'for sale' sign, Heineken has emerged as the Slovenian firm's favoured suitor – or should tha...
The CFO of Brown-Forman has offered hope to Russia's alcohol market, claiming that the company is "doing pretty well" in the challenging cou...
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
It's almost two years since Anheuser-Busch InBev offloaded most of its assets in Central and Eastern Europe to CVC Capital for an initial US$2.2bn. Since the sale, CVC's beer business in the region, StarBev, has largely operated under the radar. High time, then, that we caught up with StarBev's CEO (and ex-InBev man), Alain Beyens. just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer flew to Prague to meet him.
Stock Spirits has come out fighting against rebel shareholders, claiming that its recent actions are "already bearing fruit".
Stock Spirits has rounded off a busy week with the announcement of a new MD for its unit in Poland.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser is posting double-digit sales growth in Russia, according to a report.
Bacardi has signed a deal with Russian spirits producer Synergy to bottle its William Lawson's blended Scotch whisky in Moscow.
Carlsberg has said it will stay in Russia despite the country’s declining beer market as the brewer outlined a new strategy to revitalise its business.
Roust has launched a super premium variant of its Zubrowka vodka brand.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends