Latest beverage news & analysis in Eastern Europe
Nine months after Pivovarna Lasko hung out the 'for sale' sign, Heineken has emerged as the Slovenian firm's favoured suitor – or should tha...
The CFO of Brown-Forman has offered hope to Russia's alcohol market, claiming that the company is "doing pretty well" in the challenging cou...
That, in just the space of two days, Carlsberg has announced both a pay freeze and the closure of two Russian breweries, speaks volumes abou...
It was more of the same for Carlsberg in its YTD results release yesterday as weakness in Eastern Europe continued to damage the bottom line...
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
It's almost two years since Anheuser-Busch InBev offloaded most of its assets in Central and Eastern Europe to CVC Capital for an initial US$2.2bn. Since the sale, CVC's beer business in the region, StarBev, has largely operated under the radar. High time, then, that we caught up with StarBev's CEO (and ex-InBev man), Alain Beyens. just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer flew to Prague to meet him.
Belvédère has finalised the sale of its Polish liquor store business, Galeria Alkoholi, to Carrefour for an undisclosed sum.
Anadolu Efes has seen its first-quarter losses increase as weaker demand in its international beer unit dampened sales.
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) has dipped into the red as currency fluctuations and weak emerging markets hit its bottom line in the first quarter.
Murray Harris, the former customer management director at Britvic, has been recruited to lead the expansion of beverage business RG Brands’ operations in Kazakhstan and beyond.
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
Heineken has emerged victorious from the auction process for a majority stake in Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Lasko.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review