Denmark: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today, Carlsberg reported a drop in year-to-date profits as Eastern Europe remained challenging. Here just-drinks looks at the group's performance by region:
Carlsberg will release it third-quarter and year-to-date results on Monday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a 'new normal' in the region must be exhausting – not just for Carlsberg, but for the whole brewing industry in Eastern Europe.
Earlier today (7 May), Carlsberg released its Q1 results, with sales inching up but profits suffering. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Danish brewer's results by region and brand:
Carlsberg has posted a drop in nine-month profits as the Russian beer market continued to decline.
Carlsberg has warned of a tough full-year for its bottom line, as half-year sales and profits came in flat.
Carlsberg has seen the first quarter of 2014 perform "in line with our expectations", but has warned that reported profits in the full year will be hit by "a more uncertain macro situation in Russia and Ukraine".
Carlsberg has lined up a new head of global sales, marketing & innovation as the present incumbent prepares to leave the group.
Carlsberg has posted a fall in full-year profits as volumes and sales declines in Eastern Europe outpaced growth in Asia.
Carlsberg has signed a new long-term EUR2.51bn (US$3.45bn) credit facility for “general corporate purposes”.
Carlsberg has seen its year-to-date profits edge up after good weather in Western Europe in Q3, but group sales were flat as Eastern Europe remains “challenging”.
Carlsberg has received the regulatory green light to raise its stake in Chongqing Brewery to 60%.
Carlsberg is aiming to make M&A opportunities easier to pursue with proposed changes to its ownership structure.
The recent reduction in the tax on beer and soft drinks in Denmark has not been passed down to consumers in the country, according to local research.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014