Denmark: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today, Carlsberg reported a drop in year-to-date profits as Eastern Europe remained challenging. Here just-drinks looks at the group's performance by region:
Carlsberg will release it third-quarter and year-to-date results on Monday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a 'new normal' in the region must be exhausting – not just for Carlsberg, but for the whole brewing industry in Eastern Europe.
Earlier today (7 May), Carlsberg released its Q1 results, with sales inching up but profits suffering. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Danish brewer's results by region and brand:
The CEO of Carlsberg has said it is “hard to see” a quick solution to the brewer's problems in Russia.
Carlsberg has extended its sponsorship of Danish football team FC Copenhagen for a further five years.
The head of Carlsberg's Russian unit, Baltika, has confirmed his intention to step down from the position.
Carlsberg has posted a drop in nine-month profits as the Russian beer market continued to decline.
Carlsberg has warned of a tough full-year for its bottom line, as half-year sales and profits came in flat.
Carlsberg has seen the first quarter of 2014 perform "in line with our expectations", but has warned that reported profits in the full year will be hit by "a more uncertain macro situation in Russia and Ukraine".
Carlsberg has lined up a new head of global sales, marketing & innovation as the present incumbent prepares to leave the group.
Carlsberg has posted a fall in full-year profits as volumes and sales declines in Eastern Europe outpaced growth in Asia.
Carlsberg has signed a new long-term EUR2.51bn (US$3.45bn) credit facility for “general corporate purposes”.
Carlsberg has seen its year-to-date profits edge up after good weather in Western Europe in Q3, but group sales were flat as Eastern Europe remains “challenging”.
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018