Denmark: Latest beverage news & analysis
Carlsberg may have had a difficult 2015, but this year is unlikely to bring much relief for the brewer, one analyst has warned.
The headlines for Carlsberg after its nine-month results release yesterday were bleak: brewery closures on the cards, 2,000 jobs to go in Europe and China and a financial jump into the red.
Carlsberg will release its Q3 and year-to-date results on Wednesday(11 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of September.
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported its first-half results, posting a near-12% slide in operating profits and a 4% drop in beer volumes. Here, we look at the company’s performance during the six-month period by region.
Carlsberg will release its H1 results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of June.
Carlsberg has said it expects to deliver another year of mid-single-digit organic operating profit growth after cost-savings in 2016 helped drive a solid underlying full-year performance.
Carlsberg has defended itself against accusations of patent law abuse after securing the rights this year to three new types of barley.
Carlsberg's craft brewery Jacobsen Brewhouse will release a limited edition lager in tribute to Hans Christian Andersen later this month.
Eckes-Granini has confirmed its intention to buy Arla Foods-owned Danish juice producer Rynkeby Foods.
Carlsberg has reported a leap in sales of its non-alcohol beer offering in its domestic market, and has lined up the release of a wheat variant.
North European food and drink group Orkla has secured the takeover of Denmark's O. Kavli.
Carlsberg may have to wait until August to install its new CFO, which it named today.
The chairman of Carlsberg has hinted the brewer may not be in the running to buy Grolsch and Peroni Nastro Azzuro from SABMiller, after telling a Danish newspaper the company is not looking to make acquisitions.
Carlsberg is to make upwards of US$87m from the sale of some land that it owns in Denmark.
Carlsberg has unveiled plans for its UEFA Euro 2016 marketing campaign, which will be fronted by former Denmark international and Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends