Denmark: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today, Carlsberg reported a drop in year-to-date profits as Eastern Europe remained challenging. Here just-drinks looks at the group's performance by region:
Carlsberg will release it third-quarter and year-to-date results on Monday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of September.
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
Another set of quarterly figures for Carlsberg; another accusatory stab at the brewer for its over-reliance on Eastern Europe. It seems Carlsberg can't cut a break, and the almost constant reset to a 'new normal' in the region must be exhausting – not just for Carlsberg, but for the whole brewing industry in Eastern Europe.
Earlier today (7 May), Carlsberg released its Q1 results, with sales inching up but profits suffering. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Danish brewer's results by region and brand:
Carlsberg is aiming to produce what it claims will be the world's first fully biodegradable beer bottle.
The CEO of Carlsberg has said it is “hard to see” a quick solution to the brewer's problems in Russia.
Carlsberg has extended its sponsorship of Danish football team FC Copenhagen for a further five years.
The head of Carlsberg's Russian unit, Baltika, has confirmed his intention to step down from the position.
Carlsberg has posted a drop in nine-month profits as the Russian beer market continued to decline.
Carlsberg has warned of a tough full-year for its bottom line, as half-year sales and profits came in flat.
Carlsberg has seen the first quarter of 2014 perform "in line with our expectations", but has warned that reported profits in the full year will be hit by "a more uncertain macro situation in Russia and Ukraine".
Carlsberg has lined up a new head of global sales, marketing & innovation as the present incumbent prepares to leave the group.
Carlsberg has posted a fall in full-year profits as volumes and sales declines in Eastern Europe outpaced growth in Asia.
Carlsberg has signed a new long-term EUR2.51bn (US$3.45bn) credit facility for “general corporate purposes”.
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages