Denmark: Latest beverage news & analysis
Carlsberg may have had a difficult 2015, but this year is unlikely to bring much relief for the brewer, one analyst has warned.
The headlines for Carlsberg after its nine-month results release yesterday were bleak: brewery closures on the cards, 2,000 jobs to go in Europe and China and a financial jump into the red.
Carlsberg will release its Q3 and year-to-date results on Wednesday(11 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of September.
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported its first-half results, posting a near-12% slide in operating profits and a 4% drop in beer volumes. Here, we look at the company’s performance during the six-month period by region.
Carlsberg will release its H1 results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of June.
Carlsberg's craft brewery Jacobsen Brewhouse will release a limited edition lager in tribute to Hans Christian Andersen later this month.
Eckes-Granini has confirmed its intention to buy Arla Foods-owned Danish juice producer Rynkeby Foods.
Carlsberg has reported a leap in sales of its non-alcohol beer offering in its domestic market, and has lined up the release of a wheat variant.
North European food and drink group Orkla has secured the takeover of Denmark's O. Kavli.
Carlsberg may have to wait until August to install its new CFO, which it named today.
The chairman of Carlsberg has hinted the brewer may not be in the running to buy Grolsch and Peroni Nastro Azzuro from SABMiller, after telling a Danish newspaper the company is not looking to make acquisitions.
Carlsberg is to make upwards of US$87m from the sale of some land that it owns in Denmark.
Carlsberg has unveiled plans for its UEFA Euro 2016 marketing campaign, which will be fronted by former Denmark international and Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.
Diageo's incubator fund project, Distill Ventures, has lined up a GBP10m (US$15.1m) spend on a whisky distillery in Denmark.
Carlsberg said it may close more breweries as it outlined new cost-cutting measures that include the loss of 2,000 jobs and a UK restructuring.
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends